Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

For the Google Ad experts--can we keep clicking on the ads and generate tons of revenue for PCGS (or

Hopefully one of the computer experts on the boards can explain this one. I don't really know how these Google ads work, but I thought that in exchange for letting Google run their ads on PCGS's webpage, every time someone clicks on that ad, PCGS gets some form of payment. Assuming this is correct, what is stopping all board members here from clicking like crazy on the ads, and generating millions upon millions of dollars in additional revenues for PCGS? Is there some sort of limit on the amount of times you can click? Given the pending recession/depression, perhaps that can be a new job in the fragile economy-- Google ad clicker. You get a percentage of all of the revenues that you generate by clicking all day long. It seems like a win-win to me.
Always took candy from strangers
Didn't wanna get me no trade
Never want to be like papa
Working for the boss every night and day
--"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)

Comments

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohhhhhhh, Bochiman!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    As I posted in another thread, if we make the forum profitable they will keep it and possibly update the software to this century. --jerry
  • Options
    Hell of an idea- and it's GOT to pay better than being a public school teacher in Louisiana. Throw in a few free submissions and THAT JOB IS MINE!!!
    "College men from LSU- went in dumb, come out dumb too..."
    -Randy Newmanimage
  • Options
    tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
    Given that one click is only worth several pennies, I think generating millions would be nearly impossible.
  • Options
    phehpheh Posts: 1,588

<< <i>Given that one click is only worth several pennies, I think generating millions would be nearly impossible. >>

Not really. But, it isn't really a practical practice anymore.

(link goes to botnet click fraud paper)
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heh, got the block to work on my home PC, but not at work.
  • Options
    CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭
    image..What ads???.........Oh, The ones I don't see anymoreimage
  • Options
    Aegis3Aegis3 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭
    Well, for one thing, what makes you think we even want to generate money for any slabbing company?
    --

Ed. S.

(EJS)
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a case for the Circle of Inquiry™
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might be onto something there Longacre. Of course, another ez revenue stream is a (presidential candidate name deleted) or a (presidential candidate name deleted) basher on the myriad Yahoo Finance forums. I hear they are paid 25 cents per interesting post.

College students, eeking by with poor grades, taking up time and space in our institutions of higher learning....mooching off the Federal Government on Student Loans which they have no intention whatsoever on repaying.

They will grad joo ate into the World of Business......flipping burgers at the local McGagolds.

Hopefully the Mayans are right...............................................................
    I'd much rather go out staring at some -35 magnitude object moving ever so slowly toward the Earth....than gasping for air like my poor 76 year old Mom.
  • Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frankly, if I have to put up with the ads and perhaps even click on one now and then in order to compensate PCGS for these boards....well, I am HAPPY to do so. It's at least passingly amusing and sad to read posts that make it seem as if PCGS somehow owes us these boards. I deeply appreciate PCGS virtually everyday. Yeah, these boards are good advertising for PCGS but they are hardly free. So rather than bite the hand that feeds me, I prefer to look at ads.
    Mark

• Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,024 ✭✭✭
    What ads? oh yeah i got them blocked.......

TC
  • Options
    ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    There are " web farms " in China set up so the slave labor sits and clicks links all day as the government rakes in the " pennies " totalling millions of dollars.
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • Options

<< <i>Given that one click is only worth several pennies, I think generating millions would be nearly impossible. >>

The people that advertise "bid" on the cost per click. I do this with my business and some key words I am paying $5+ per click. Not sure what percentage would be going back to PCGS, but I'm sure it's a good %.
    Life member of the SSDC
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

The people that advertise "bid" on the cost per click. I do this with my business and some key words I am paying $5+ per click. Not sure what percentage would be going back to PCGS, but I'm sure it's a good %. >>

Wow $5 per click. How many of those clicks follow through with a purchase? Or do you only pay for clicks that generate a purchase?
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> There are " web farms " in China set up so the slave labor sits and clicks links all day as the government rakes in the " pennies " totalling millions of dollars. >>

This reeks of urban legend, but as with any good urban legend, I suppose it could be true.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>There are " web farms " in China set up so the slave labor sits and clicks links all day as the government rakes in the " pennies " totalling millions of dollars. >>

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ohhhhhhh, Bochiman!!!!!!!!! >>

Sure you can.....go ahead and promote bad behavior. You're a father after all and should realize that if something is done that isn't "good" behavior, in your eyes, then you should promote that behavior, right?

Sheeeesh

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's do it. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i> There are " web farms " in China set up so the slave labor sits and clicks links all day as the government rakes in the " pennies " totalling millions of dollars. >>

This reeks of urban legend, but as with any good urban legend, I suppose it could be true. >>

Straight out of the book " Paypal Wars "
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • Options

<< <i>

This reeks of urban legend, but as with any good urban legend, I suppose it could be true. >>

It wouldn't surprise me. There are abandoned airport hangers in China that have rows of computers with slave labor playing WOW (World of Warcraft, an online game) strictly to "farm" ingame items and gold to be sold on websites. Google WOW gold to see them, tons of it for sale on ebay as well. They also offer leveling services where they level your character for you for $50 or so.
    Witty sig line currently under construction. Thank you for your patience.
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey LongRYKacre

Maybe a call to China is due ???
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options
    slipgateslipgate Posts: 2,301 ✭✭
    This board generates so much money for PCGS that they should pay us. Just look at one example - CAC, that was wholy born out of these boards and if the boards were not here, CAC would not exist. I would guess that CAC has generated an enormous amount of money for PCGS. The registry set also - who else would care about an MS70 modern? image
    My Registry Sets! PCGS Registry
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a perfect modern society proposal. Make a living doing absolutely nothing productive.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file