Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Bidders with Little/No FB on Ebay

I'm auctioning my Jackson RC. Today I checked the status and saw a high bidder with a feedback of 6. It's 100%, but he's only won a couple auctions in the last 6 months. I'm sure some of you have ran into this before. Advice?

LINK

Thanks
- Kevin

Comments

• Options
    Hi Kevin,

we've had a lot of buyers lately with very low feedback scores; many of which had zero,
    but all paid and surprisingly there were no problems.

a year ago, it might have been a different story.

you just never know ....

he/she may not win.

Just remember, everyone has to start at zero and some buyers spread their purchases
    over time in order to afford items they want.

Hope for the best and Good luck,

PoppaJ
  • Options
    Yeah, I agree. I started at zero myself, and ironically this Reggie was the first card I purchased on Ebay. I just keep hearing horror stories on here with deadbeat bidders. I know statistically I should be OK, but so is riding in a plane...until you're in the one that crashes. Thanks PoppaJ.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I know statistically I should be OK, but so is riding in a plane...until you're in the one that crashes. >>

Just sit in the back. I've never heard of a plane backing into a mountain... image
  • Options
    Off Topic but...

Maxim had a cartoon several years ago that showed how to survive a crashing plane. Jump out before it crashes, open arms and legs like a flying squirrel and steer toward the back side of a mountain. Just before impact, curl up in a ball and roll... hope this helps someone on here.

Useless info like this is cluttering my brain instead of 19th century opera singers. I'll never get the Final Jeopardy question right.
  • Options
    sometimes a friendly email to the low or zero ranked bidder will solve your problems. just verify contact information and such. 99% of the time they are legit. Two years ago I sold some coins on ebay (nearly $2000 worth to one seller, who won three different auctions) he had zero feedback, prior to the end of the auctions i emailed him; he provided legit information and these days he probably has well over 300 feedbacks.
  • Options

<< <i>sometimes a friendly email to the low or zero ranked bidder will solve your problems. just verify contact information and such. 99% of the time they are legit. Two years ago I sold some coins on ebay (nearly $2000 worth to one seller, who won three different auctions) he had zero feedback, prior to the end of the auctions i emailed him; he provided legit information and these days he probably has well over 300 feedbacks. >>

What do you ask the bidder? Request verification of contact information on this auction. Please reply to this message with (what info...a reply, email address, phone number).
  • Options
    i verify an email, contact info; shipping address etc.

Basically I send an email that says: Hi, your the high bidder on my auction #3333333333 etc. I noticed that you have zero feedback and just wanted to verify your contact info, good luck and good bidding.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Why worry about something before it is a problem?

Chances are the guy will bid heavy and pay fast.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    I had ZERO FB, once.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I had ZERO FB, once. >>

Me, too. In fact I had zero a couple times.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    Either they pay or don't this time of year alot of people create new IDs to buy Christmas gifts and such. I have had more trouble and filed more UPIs with buyers over 100FB than less than 10. Most newbies pay very fast.
  • Options

<< <i>Why worry about something before it is a problem? >>

Different philosophies I guess. A couple hundred dollars in an auction is a big deal to me, and everyone here for the most part seems very knowledgeable about about buying/selling cards using Ebay and Paypal.

<< <i>Chances are the guy will bid heavy and pay fast. >>

Hopefully. Thanks.

Leisacards, I didn't think about that. Thanks.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    To be honest I haven't had any problems with low feedback bidders....what I can't understand is that I am getting bids from foreign countries now (Thailand, Mexico, Japan, etc) when my auctions specifically say I only ship to the USA. They must not read the entire auction. al.
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭

<< <i>To be honest I haven't had any problems with low feedback bidders....what I can't understand is that I am getting bids from foreign countries now (Thailand, Mexico, Japan, etc) when my auctions specifically say I only ship to the USA. They must not read the entire auction. al >>

When you list an item on the "sell your item" form there is a section for bidder preferences. One option is to block bidders registered in countries that you don't ship to. It keeps the problems to a minimum. Some will email and ask you if you'd mind shipping to their particular country. At least you have some control over it this way.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭
    no ticky no laundry
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I had ZERO FB, once. >>

Me, too. In fact I had zero a couple times. >>

• Options
    nearmintnearmint Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭
    I'd let him bid. I haven't had much trouble with people not paying, either newbies or veterans.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>To be honest I haven't had any problems with low feedback bidders....what I can't understand is that I am getting bids from foreign countries now (Thailand, Mexico, Japan, etc) when my auctions specifically say I only ship to the USA. They must not read the entire auction. al >>

When you list an item on the "sell your item" form there is a section for bidder preferences. One option is to block bidders registered in countries that you don't ship to. It keeps the problems to a minimum. Some will email and ask you if you'd mind shipping to their particular country. At least you have some control over it this way. >>

I didn't know you could block users that way. thanks for the info, I'm on my way to adjust my ebay settings!!image