Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Was there a DDO on a 1944-D Jefferson? big pic inside

Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
This is what I found is it a DDO or a reworked Die? imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Hoard the keys.

Comments

• Options
    FullStepJeffsFullStepJeffs Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭
    HERE Take A look for yourself.

Steve
    U.S. Air Force Security Forces Retired

In memory of the USAF Security Forces lost: A1C Elizabeth N. Jacobson, 9/28/05; SSgt Brian McElroy, 1/22/06; TSgt Jason Norton, 1/22/06; A1C Lee Chavis, 10/14/06; SSgt John Self, 5/14/07; A1C Jason Nathan, 6/23/07; SSgt Travis Griffin, 4/3/08; 1Lt Joseph Helton, 9/8/09; SrA Nicholas J. Alden, 3/3/2011. God Bless them and all those who have lost loved ones in this war. I will never forget their loss.
  • Options
    jfoot13jfoot13 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭
    post title says 44D but the pics are 43S?
    If you can't swim you better stay in the boat.......
  • Options

<< <i>HERE Take A look for yourself.

Steve >>

Is there someplace to get photos to match up with these descriptions... a lot listed with similiar traits
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very neat looking. But I'm not sure that it is a doubled die. I would guess some re-engraving took place on those letters.... the lower wider parts of the letter were the older part of the die, then some touching up was done which resulted in a narrower, higher ridge on the metal. There have been some recent articles in the weekly publications that have been showing some examples being found on proof coins, especially the 1938 proof nickel. JMO.... but a neat coin whether a doubled die or re-engraved.
    ----- kj
  • Options
    All 1943 warnickels have obverse doubling due to a doubled master die... and there are doubled dies for 1943S ... or are they doubled doubled dies?
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>HERE Take A look for yourself.

Steve >>

WoW alot to look at thanks do they have one for a 1944-D thanks in advance,Type2.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    not a dbld die

K S
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is Master Die Doubling
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji