Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

1801 Draped Bust Half Fine PCGS Genuine Sold!!

Its fully original and grades a solid Fine, but was submitted to PCGS under genuine holder due to uneveness in the planchet, as noted from a little uneven wear visible. imageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,601 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont mean to TTT this coin again today, but I am getting too many inquiries about the coin's price, so here is what I am going to do:

I will start this coin at 2100.00 , and will lower the price each day until its sold. If it goes all the way too 100 bucks, I will honor it, case closed! It wont, but this will be the true market value. The coin was submitted to PCGS genuine, becuase it had a slight uneveness in the planchet which created the uneven wear spots. You literally have to lay it flat on the table (out of holder) to tell, and even then its not that noticeable, although It may not have holdered in a reg holder or at least been grade hammered to death into a lower market grade, so I choose this route. The coin is totally original and does have great eye-appeal!!

jim

Updated:
    Price is now 2000.00
  • Options
    Price is now 1950.00

• Options
    Price is now 1800.00

Just a note: For those of you intrested, I have an offer very close to this number, so if intrested you have till Thursday night to act!

Thanks
    Jim
  • Options
    Like your style. I did kind of a reverse auction here last year and it worked out good for everyone. Makes a lot of sense. Nice looking coin.
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful frackin' coin!
  • Options
    SOLD!!
  • Options
    BigAlBigAl Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭
    super sweet coin, lucky buyer. i had no idea pcgs would assign "genuine" and not a grade, is this something new? can i submit problem coins and ask them to slab genuine? how does this show up in Registry?
  • Options

<< <i>super sweet coin, lucky buyer. i had no idea pcgs would assign "genuine" and not a grade, is this something new? can i submit problem coins and ask them to slab genuine? how does this show up in Registry? >>

You can submit coins for authentication only now at PCGS. It's 100 dollars a coin, not sure how it affects registry values or if they can be included.