Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

just wondering.

just wondering what would you think if this happened to you and what would you say? i drove up to a bank window the other day to cash a check. while i was there i asked the teller "could you please give me some dollar coin wrappers?" the teller said WE DON'T HAVE DOLLAR WRAPPERS!! i paused and asked again with great surprise, she answered the same. i have to ask you all out in the coin world. HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO FUNCTION? YIKES!! it's no wonder the coins don't circulate when a bank doesn't even let you roll them to pass around the hood! image
"government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington

Comments

• Options
    Use an E-Z-Wider.image
    "College men from LSU- went in dumb, come out dumb too..."
    -Randy Newmanimage
  • Options
    Maybe say, "I guess I came to the wrong bank".

Depends upon the bank. I've been to some very unhelpful teller windows and then some very polite and helpful ones. Guess which ones get my business. Pretty easy to tell which branchs are well managed.
    Witty sig line currently under construction. Thank you for your patience.
  • Options
    ajbaumanajbauman Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭
    I went to about 5 banks in my city before I found one bank that had the new $1 wrappers.... the only bank I found that had them was CitiBank. Best of luck!
    Buying £2 Britannias
  • Options
    Try going inside next time. Sometimes that face to face scenario tends to get them to go and atleast look for you rather than just piss on you as they just lazy and don't want to look or deal with it.
    In the time of Chimpanzee's
    I was a Monkey
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

...........but what the hell is so hard about sending some wrappers thru the tube?? just incompetence i think.image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may have been the first person to ever ask her for dollar coin wrappers. image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

<< <i>You may have been the first person to ever ask her for dollar coin wrappers. image >>

...........could be. just shows you how the public is unaware of the buck coins, even bank employees are clueless!!image
  • Options
    holeinone1972holeinone1972 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭
    dollar coin wrappers...................... ur lucky she did not send you an envelope. image
  • Options

........i'll have to go inside and dump about 3 hundered of them on the counter and say.............i would have put them in rolls but you guys said you don't have any!!image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file