Home Sports Talk
Options

Yanks and Mets both have 4th best records and nothing to show for it.

Meanwhile the Dodgers with the 8th best record in the NL are playing still.

Even with it's flaws I still like the way MLB produces its Post Season participants.

Good luck to all the teams that made it and their fans.

I also want to see the White Sox win today forcing a 1 game PO with the Twins.

Steve
Good for you.

Comments

• Options
    Im rooting for the Tigers to beat the Pale ho's image
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Meanwhile the Dodgers with the 8th best record in the NL are playing still.

Even with it's flaws I still like the way MLB produces its Post Season participants.

Steve >>

I also hope the White Sox win today too. Its going to be rain today in Chicago.
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Meanwhile the Dodgers with the 8th best record in the NL are playing still.

Steve >>

I have no problem with the divisonal system and wildcards.
    I just laugh at the worlds Yankee hating population that talk about how AWFUL the Yankees were when IN FACT, just six teams in all of baseball had a better record.
    You would think the Yanks were winning 140 games every year and CRASHED to 89 wins image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a balanced schedule and the top four teams in each league making the playoffs
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    same thing happens in football all the time, the teams with better records are sometimes left at home while teams from other divisions go with lesse records since they won their division.
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping the Yanks would get the 4th best record in the AL--they did!

Considering all the crazy injuries that delpeted their pitching staff and even hitters, they managed to finish with a solid record.

Any team must be prepared for injuries, but I think the Yankees had more than usual. Also, the Devil Rays finally coming around did not make things easy in the AL East. It was a very tough division.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options

<< <i>I was hoping the Yanks would get the 4th best record in the AL--they did!

Considering all the crazy injuries that delpeted their pitching staff and even hitters, they managed to finish with a solid record.

Any team must be prepared for injuries, but I think the Yankees had more than usual. Also, the Devil Rays finally coming around did not make things easy in the AL East. It was a very tough division. >>

The Indians were worse off than the Yankees, they lost their #3 and 4 hitters for most of the season and #3 starter in the first month of the season. There bullpen was also a mess due to injuries. If you are giving the Yankess Kudoe's I think the Indians also deserve some credit also...finishing .500 considering how much they were affected was also an accomplishment.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And they should change baseball scoring to the most hits wins the game - runs don't matter.
  • Options

<< <i>And they should change baseball scoring to the most hits wins the game - runs don't matter. >>

would be fairer to use hits + walks -errors.....image