Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone collect Golf Memorabilia/Autographs?

I've got some framed flags I was thinking of maybe selling if the price was right. My mom owns a custom framinig store and I had them framed by her with metal plates with year and championship.
1)Tiger Woods signed 2002 US Open (Bethpage) w/full ticket set, shadow boxed and triple matted, amazing piece. I won the flag at a charity auction at my golf club and bought the ticket set on ebay.
2)Phil Mickelson signed 2005 US Open (Pinehurst)
3)Retief Goosen signed 2001 US Open (Southern Hills)
4)Retief Goosen signed 2004 US Open
5)Padraig Harrington 2006 US Open (Winged Foot)

What would these be worth to someone, or on Ebay?

Comments

• Options
    Those are awesome! I've been considering getting into golf autos but I just can't afford them right now. Great collection!

Chris

Edited to add that VitoCo1972 is the guy to talk to. He has an amazing golf collection!
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options

<< <i>Those are awesome! I've been considering getting into golf autos but I just can't afford them right now. Great collection!

Chris

Edited to add that VitoCo1972 is the guy to talk to. He has an amazing golf collection! >>

For sure try and contact Vito1972
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i got arnold palmer 8x10 back the other day ttm , not sure if its real or not though from looking at other pics,its close?i know zitch about gold, just goofy golfimage
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    I feel like I was paged. Here is pretty much market value for these flags minus the frames - I can't put a value on them and aside from your shadow boxed one, I would say they would all be throw-in's on eBay deals:

1)Tiger Woods signed 2002 US Open (Bethpage) w/full ticket set, shadow boxed and triple matted - Okay - great piece, but it's actually not the official flag sold at the tournament - it's the flag that the pro shop sold in the year leading up. If you're curious, this is what the official one looks like - 02 US Open Flag. So that said, with the ticket set and a nice Tiger signed and unpersonalized flag, my guess would be that you could get between $800-$1000 for it. I actually think if you consigned it to a NYC Auction house it would bring more.

2)Phil Mickelson signed 2005 US Open (Pinehurst) - Phil didn't win this and has never won a US Open (sadly), so this flag is just a nice piece signed by him as opposed to a major championship signed flag. Real value - $90-$120

3)Retief Goosen signed 2001 US Open (Southern Hills) - Retief DID win this US Open and it's signed in his older autograph with is far better than the GOOSE that he's been signing lately. You could probably do $135-$150 on this. Would have been slightly more if it was the orange variation of the flag but it's clearly the red.

4)Retief Goosen signed 2004 US Open - Another flag from a Goosen US Open win. Same basic value - maybe $10 more because the flag is more attractive.

5)Padraig Harrington 2006 US Open (Winged Foot) - Harrington didn't win this (Ogilvy did) so it's on the same boat as the 05 Flag. He's a really good guy and an easy autograph to get. Value: $60-$75

Recommendation: Look, if you're going to sell these, don't do it now. Golf values peak in early April during Masters week. You'll always bring 10-20% more then. Nice pieces.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the values Vito. US Open flags were clearly my theme when collecting these and I wanted a Tiger flag from one of his open wins. I see the ones on Ebay and most have them priced for $2000-$3000 and they aren't nearly as nice as mine, of course I never see them sell either.