Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PWE? Negative?

Won an eBay auction for 3 relatively cheap Arod singles. Only needed one of them for raw Arod collection but the 3 came in a lot. Received Friday in a PWE. All 3 cards were crammed into a CS1 and all 3 have corner wear now. I politely requested a refund but have not received a response. The seller has been on eBay for 4 years and has no negs. Would you give him his first neg over a $4 transaction? Usually I would let it go with maybe just an email telling him he is risking his seller rep by using PWE's but PWE's really irk me.

Comments

• Options

shipping cost? was it three seperate auctions?

Imo not worth the time for a 4.00 tran
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    I have left neutral feedback after I paid $3 SH and got a PWE. The card was ok though. With card damage, neg for sure.
  • Options
    card damage plus no response. Neg them..
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Neg him.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Neg him.

Steve >>

I agree.

I could care less how much the transaction was for. Anybody that jams 2 or 3 cards into one penny sleeve, cardsaver or toploader deserves a neg.

• Options
    Negarooskie
  • Options
    bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭
    Depends on what he charged you for shipping I suppose...

If he charged you enough shipping for a bubble mailer + shipping, I'd neg.

If shipping was free or < $1.00 -- I'd let it go.
  • Options

<< <i>Depends on what he charged you for shipping I suppose...

If he charged you enough shipping for a bubble mailer + shipping, I'd neg.

If shipping was free or < $1.00 -- I'd let it go. >>

Not with card damage and not caring to respond. It does not matter how it was shipped it is the sellers responsibility to get it there in the condition it was bought.
  • Options
    Neg. him Nancy! image
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    block him,then neg him,
    root- "neg,neg, neg, neg "image
  • Options
    Shipping cost was $2.75. BV of 3 cards was about $10. Gonna give hime until tonight to respond or go ahead and neg.
  • Options

<< <i>PWE's really irk me >>

Me too, but the PWE wasn't the problem here. It's not a shipping issue, it's a packaging issue. The problem was that he crammed 3 cards into a CS1. Even if he would have used a bubble mailer, it sounds like you still would have the card damage issue because CS1's were not meant to hold 3 cards.

That said, I would give him a little more time to respond to your email. If he refunds your money then I would just let it be. If he hasn't responded to your email within 5 days from the day you sent it, then I would probably go ahead and neg him.
  • Options
    If he responds and agrees to refund netural, if no response or refund neg!
  • Options
    Neg him.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I hope one day my life is simple enough that I can worry about an issue like this.
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

I concur Larry......
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I've had several under $20 transactions go crazy over the course of the last 12 months...oddly enough...2 of them were for the exact same card...a 1997 Studio Masterstrokes jumbo Thomas...2 different sellers...both just put them in a jumbo envelope with no cardboard backing...USPS delivery guy bends them in half to get them in the box.

I always tell the seller when these kinds of things happen...it's nice when they make it right (one had an extra of the card and sent it...well packaged...at no charge to me)...the other offered to refund and I told him he should do what he thinks is right but I wasn't going to force his hand, he should simply learn to package better...so he didn't refund me lol.

The first guy received very high marks from me...second guy got no feedback at all because it looked as if he had a serious family issue going on and whomever was left to ship his eBay items failed to package them properly.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options

<< <i>I hope one day my life is simple enough that I can worry about an issue like this. >>

My day is pretty simple... wake up, get the kids up and to daycare, go to work, pick kid up at lunch and bring home, go back to work, go to the gym, come home eat dinner, put kid to bed, spend quality time with the wife, file negative against a crappy ebay seller, go to bed... wake up next day and repeat - See just that simple!
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the day the Sacramento Kings make the playoffs again will be the day your life will be simple enough to worry about things like this.
  • Options
    Send me his name, address, and shoe size.

PoppaJ
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    "...Shipping cost was $2.75...."

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

That really is ALL that I need to know.

I work HARD everyday trying to figure out how to break-even
    on mailing-costs. (Even in the "old days," I never used S+H
    as a profit center.)

Sellers who pull the charge-big-money-for-a-PWE are almost
    solely responsible for the bad-policies that EBAY is instituting
    against GOOD sellers on the S+H-front.

Rip-OFF charges - combined with DAMAGED merch - warrants
    NEG FB and 1-star ratings.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    What amazes me is with all the new policies and stuff Ebay has instuted how many sellers still try to play games with their buyers.

I had one send me a 2.50 dollar invoice for an item he "miscalculated" the shipping charges. He was already clearing 7.00 profit on shipping. I told him I did not feel that I should have to pay it since it was his mistake. He refused to back off and said he would not ship until the amount was paid. I told him I would just pay it since he obviously needed the money, but told him it would have a very negative effect on how I chose to leave feedback.