Home Sports Talk
Options

Very bad game for the Eagles

stevekstevek Posts: 27,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
The Bears O tried everything they could to hand the Eagles the game, and the Eagles couldn't get in the endzone on their last drive of the game from very short yardage - that's not the way a championship team needs to perform. Of course Westbrook was out, their best player, so that meant a lot.

Well it was too much to ask for a weekend that the Phillies won the NL East, Penn State won a nice game, and then letting the Eagles win - the sports gods never give that much pleasure to Philadelphia.

Comments

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it was a bad loss. Not taking advantage of all those turnovers hurt.

To make matter worse, Wash is up next.

I still think with Westbrook back and being at home, the Eagles should win.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That 4th & 1 play killed them..I was pulling hard for Buckhalter there to just the break the plane as I had him in my fantasy lineup in place of Westbrook. Thought he got in at first, but replay showed he was just short.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>That 4th & 1 play killed them..I was pulling hard for Buckhalter there to just the break the plane as I had him in my fantasy lineup in place of Westbrook. Thought he got in at first, but replay showed he was just short. >>

That was an awful call by Reid. A roll out pass left or right would have been the right call. Sometimes Reid tries to outsmart himself.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>That 4th & 1 play killed them..I was pulling hard for Buckhalter there to just the break the plane as I had him in my fantasy lineup in place of Westbrook. Thought he got in at first, but replay showed he was just short. >>

That was an awful call by Reid. A roll out pass left or right would have been the right call. Sometimes Reid tries to outsmart himself. >>

Agreed. The pass or a run to the outside could have come on third down, giving them the option to run it back up the middle on fourth.

McNabb on the bootleg may have done it.

A wasted game that should have been a hard fought win.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

That was an awful call by Reid. A roll out pass left or right would have been the right call. Sometimes Reid tries to outsmart himself. >>

Agreed. The pass or a run to the outside could have come on third down, giving them the option to run it back up the middle on fourth.

McNabb on the bootleg may have done it.

A wasted game that should have been a hard fought win. >>

Orton played like he had money bet on the Eagles...If the Bears played well and the Eagles lost, i've got no complaints...but the bottom line is you've got to win a game like this even with Westbrook out, and we didn't - simply not good particularly the way the rest of the NFC East has been playing.
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Both teams had key players out so let's not go there. I went to be assured the Bears would lose as they gave away games in the 4th quarter to Tampa and Carolina. With any imagination at all the Eagles would have scored from the one. They have no one to blame but themselves for this loss, tough way to lose a game but Bears fans have watched their mediocre team do it 2 weeks in a row. You can't lose a game when the opposing quarterback keeps you in the game. It's going to be a long season for daBears. image
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    The Bucs even softened them up for you and you still couldn't take advantage. As for the 4th and 1 at the goal line, you can't blame the play calling. Your O line
    has to get a surge. 95% of teams would of ran that exact play...100% of playoff teams get into the end zone. If you can't beat the bears, how are you going to
    beat the Skins....or the Giants for that matter!

JS
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Never ceases to amaze me how McNabb, Reid and Co. can find new ways to blow games.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options

<< <i>The Bucs even softened them up for you and you still couldn't take advantage. As for the 4th and 1 at the goal line, you can't blame the play calling. Your O line
    has to get a surge. 95% of teams would of ran that exact play...100% of playoff teams get into the end zone. If you can't beat the bears, how are you going to

JS >>

Wrong as usual. But then again you worship "Mr. Arrogant" Gruden who would do it and then publicly ridicule the O line.

95% would not have run the same play three times, especially with a mobile, big QB.

Roll him out on the first or second try and keep them guessing.

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The Bucs even softened them up for you and you still couldn't take advantage. As for the 4th and 1 at the goal line, you can't blame the play calling. Your O line

JS >>

Wrong as usual. But then again you worship "Mr. Arrogant" Gruden who would do it and then publicly ridicule the O line.

95% would not have run the same play three times, especially with a mobile, big QB.

Roll him out on the first or second try and keep them guessing. >>

Graham would of found the end zone. Sorry for your loss

JS
  • Options

<< <i>
    95% of teams would of ran that exact play...100% of playoff teams get into the end zone.

Graham would of found the end zone. Sorry for your loss

JS >>

Learn the proper use of the word "have."

Sorry for your lack of an education...or is this another one of your "I am writing a thesis on you guys and just tricked you into being a part of it" schemes.

Graham is no prize, just what the Sucs are left with at the moment since Chuckie will never admit that he needs to change.