Home Sports Talk
Options

BCS potential nightmare?

With all the big upsets in college football, will there finally be a mandate for a playoff system? It may be possible to have a few undefeated teams at the end of the season but I doubt it.

By the way, it's good to see Alabama and Penn State back on track.

ROLL TIDE! image
Collecting Dallas Cowboys Rookies and Team Sets 1960-1989

Comments

• Options
    It will all work itself out. Alabama has an undefeated Kentucky next weekend. They also have Auburn and LSU, so stay tuned, and
    good luck with that amazing team.
  • Options
    I don't see it. There were a huge number of upsets last year as well and they slogged through it all in the end to set up a national championship (not without controversy of course) but I don't see anything happening right now that would be a game changer
    in how the flawed system is run.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    With Oklahoma, Missouri and Texas all still undefeated in the Big 12 and Alabama and LSU still flawless in the SEC, there's still a reasonable possibility that we'll have two undefeated teams. If a frisky Penn St team goes undefeated, so be it, but the Big 10 is so bad. I'd rather see a one loss Florida or USC play for the national title depending on whether Penn St continues dominating.
  • Options
    The SEC and Big 12 really have a tough road with their conference championship games. I like the conference championship game because it does reflect a playoff. I think if all BCS conferences would develop this format, then we'll see a playoff system develop quickly.

I love this time of the year and college football.

ROLL TIDE! image
    Collecting Dallas Cowboys Rookies and Team Sets 1960-1989
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    setting up for a Big 12 title winner against SEC title winner. Unless USC runs the table the rest of the way. Probably 1 loss at least for winner of the SEC. Not sure what Mizzou or OU will do until title game.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies