Home Sports Talk

Congrats to the 2008 Phillies, winners of the NL East

grote15grote15 Posts: 29,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
Maybe we'll meet up again in the playoffs. At least we control our fate (assuming the Brewers don't score 5 in the bottom of the 9th to beat Chicago), LOL!!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

Comments

• Phillies do deserve the East

Just like last year, we fell apart at the end while they went on a nice winning streak, they deserve it

BUT they do still need to win a game this year in the playoffs
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I concur, congrats to the Phillies.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • bums
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An excruciating loss for us...played out just like last season--big pitching performance to keep us alive on saturday (last year Maine, this year Santana (only to lose on Sunday...it'll be a long offseason.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭

<< <i>An excruciating loss for us...played out just like last season--big pitching performance to keep us alive on saturday (last year Maine, this year Santana (only to lose on Sunday...it'll be a long offseason. >>

I swear off the bat I thought Church homered.

sorry grote, it would have been a more fun playoff with the Mets in it.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congr..... Ah never mind.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    << An excruciating loss for us...played out just like last season--big pitching performance to keep us alive on saturday (last year Maine, this year Santana (only to lose on Sunday...it'll be a long offseason. >>

I swear off the bat I thought Church homered.

sorry grote, it would have been a more fun playoff with the Mets in it.

Thanks, Hyperion, appreciate that...Honestly, the ball I thought had a chance to get out was Delgado's in the 8th with two on and two out. He just got under it. Had he hit that one, he'd have been MVP in my book. image Oh, well..

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the congrats. That is appreciated.

But if the Phillies don't win the NL pennant, it will be disappointing and winning the NL East won't mean much.
  • Let's go BREWERS image or Cubbies.... Philly and LA can go home!