Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Pack Factory is getting braver and braver

Well Neils friend from Michigan is still at it and is running pretty much non-stop now. Guess since it is getting closer to Christmas.

Text

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The saddest part of that whole situation is that this dirtbag has only one neg in the last 12 months. That's why these thieves thrive the way they do--everyone's looking for a bargain with no idea about authenticity.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    has somebody here gotten screwed? just wondering how we know these are reseals. can you tell from the pics? one feedback states a mint Brett rookie was pulled. sorry, haven't been keeping up with older threads.
  • Options

<< <i>has somebody here gotten screwed? just wondering how we know these are reseals. can you tell from the pics? one feedback states a mint Brett rookie was pulled. sorry, haven't been keeping up with older threads. >>

Nobody has personally got screwed, but Neil(thedutymon) sold some wrappers to a guy from the same town in Michigan and a little research track down this seller selling many packs involving wrappers the buyer had recently bought. Many had the same marks and such. He does appear to mix some good with the bad. So he goes and buys a nice raw Brett rookie and puts it in a pack and reseals it all it does is adds false confidence.
  • Options
    gotcha. thanks. not that i would buy ungraded wax from anyone but 2 or 3 dealers on ebay anyway.
  • Options
    Good Evening,
    Just want to make sure we have some clarification here, nothing against leasicards. Only the positive for him!!!
    #1. Not my friend, with leaisdcards help, especilaly his Detective work figured out this dirt bags numerous E-Bay ID's and posted all of that to help and inform everybody on these boards to not buy anything from the POS.
    #2. I did not consumate the sale of the wrappers to this POS, as my radar said something was wrong and told him that if he neg'd me for not finishing the sale, told him I would make a call to the local Sheriff Fraud unit. He never bothered me again. Further proof he was a POS Scammer.
    If you can do anything in your power to stop, hinder, slow down, or just be a thorn in the side of any of these BS Re-Sealer POS, DO IT!!!
    This piece of S. is on my watch list and at the last minute I will win one of his auctions so that even though I can only leave positive Feedbak, it will state that he is a POS RE-Sealer. !!!
    THanks
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    one feedback states a mint Brett rookie was pulled. sorry, haven't been keeping up with older threads.

It's also a very common practice for these thieves to enlist their buddies to leave misleading feedback like that to soften up and scam unsuspecting buyers. There is NO CHANCE any of these packs is authentic.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>Good Evening,
    Just want to make sure we have some clarification here, nothing against leasicards. Only the positive for him!!!
    #1. Not my friend, with leaisdcards help, especilaly his Detective work figured out this dirt bags numerous E-Bay ID's and posted all of that to help and inform everybody on these boards to not buy anything from the POS.
    #2. I did not consumate the sale of the wrappers to this POS, as my radar said something was wrong and told him that if he neg'd me for not finishing the sale, told him I would make a call to the local Sheriff Fraud unit. He never bothered me again. Further proof he was a POS Scammer.
    If you can do anything in your power to stop, hinder, slow down, or just be a thorn in the side of any of these BS Re-Sealer POS, DO IT!!!
    This piece of S. is on my watch list and at the last minute I will win one of his auctions so that even though I can only leave positive Feedbak, it will state that he is a POS RE-Sealer. !!!
    THanks
    Neil >>

I was calling him your friend being sarcastic sorry for that.

If you are the buyer you can still leave him a neg.

What was his buying ID again I cannot remember it?
  • Options

<< <i> one feedback states a mint Brett rookie was pulled. sorry, haven't been keeping up with older threads.

It's also a very common practice for these thieves to enlist their buddies to leave misleading feedback like that to soften up and scam unsuspecting buyers. There is NO CHANCE any of these packs is authentic. >>

He has some listings where the star card is visible according to him. It would be pretty good to buy a few key cards and insert them into his reseals, this will cause buyer to leave that type feedback and have more confidence in his fake packs. Whats a couple of hundred in raw key cards when you are raking in a couple of thousand a week in resealed packs.
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    How to slow some of 'em down:

Run some auctions with disposable IDs.

"28 Empty Wrappers One Empty Box19XX Topps Look Mint"

Before the auctions end, cancel them.

Little detective work is required to KNOW that the bidders are scamsters.

A good list can then be compiled and either sent to the cops or published.

If the resealers become afraid to bid on the stuff, a dent could be made.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    Whats a couple of hundred in raw key cards when you are raking in a couple of thousand a week in resealed packs.

Very true indeed..many scammers and resealers have made a boatload of money fabricating "star" cello packs this way, as well...

• Options
    Storm,
    Like your idea and will figure out how to make that work. Wheels are already turning!!!!
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    Run it for like 7 days starting at one penny. Then on day 5 end it. Make a personal note of all the offers you get plus the bidders then start researching what they buy and their locations those and go from there.

Don't go past the 12 hours remaining mark because you will not be able to close it at that point without putting yourself at risk for a neg or other issues.