Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

This 5 reichsmark is an absolute blazer in hand.

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
I give away money. I collect money.
I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

Comments

• Silvereagle82Silvereagle82 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭
    What is the mint date on that coin?
    I love the eagle design ... its ...its ... so ... so .... old school German image
  • bidaskbidask Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What is the mint date on that coin?
    I love the eagle design ... its ...its ... so ... so .... old school German image >>

• A very nice coin, I love it! The mint was Stuttgart if my memory serves correct and the date was 1934. I am sure someone will correct me if this is not right pretty quick! Pretty weird thing about the commeratives, no Mint Marks show on most of these. A proof like yours is not worth much more $$$ than a common circulating pieces in UNC. I still find that very hard to understand... I have a proof aluminum KM 29 3 MARK 1923-E (mintage 2290) That I have tried to trade for an UNC regular issue KM 29 (I have decided to stick to all business strikes in my collection). The regular business strikes number 2,030,000... My proof 2290. I refuse to do the math again in my mind as I am still trying to figure out why I still have this proof!. I have been turned down all 13 times I have made this offer of a trade, Go figure!

Rick
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    signal I get for the most
    part. Go figure...
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoa, that's some thick frost.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • PreussenPreussen Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭
    Looks nice, congrats image .

<< <i>...A proof like yours is not worth much more $$$ than a common circulating pieces in UNC.... >>

Is it a Proof or a business strike? image The devices are certainly frosty enough to look Proof, but the fields & luster don't look Proof, at least not to my old eyes. Possibly an EA (Erstabschlag - First Strike)? In any case, Schiller 5 Marks are fairly scarce in high grade MS, and high grade Proofs are very scarce, at least in my experience. Just my 2¢. - Preussen
    "Illegitimis non carborundum" -General Joseph Stilwell. See my auctions
  • Due to the slightly lighter colored frost on the outer edge of the wings the eagle has a really great 3D effect, like it's trying to give you a hug or something. It sure is a pretty thing.

<< <i>...The mint was Stuttgart if my memory serves correct and the date was 1934....Pretty weird thing about the commeratives, no Mint Marks show on most of these. >>

I overlooked this on my earlier read. Yes, minted in Stuttgart; there's a small "F" under the dash between the dates on the obverse imageimageimage -Preussen
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    very nice

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice, thanks for sharing. I have a passive interest in the silver commemoratives from that era in Germany, I owned a Graf Zeppelin 5RM, but I sold it, and hope to get a proof example sometime. They really are meaningful commemoratives.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • It's my understanding that these 175 year Anniversary of Schiller's Geburtstag (birthday) were only struck in Stuttgart (F), and were all 1934. I think they only minted around 100k of these in business strikes. Does anyone have the number of proofs?
    Tough call on this one, is it proof or first/early strike??
    Nice looking rarity regardless of designation, and an awesome pickup!
    Jim
  • bidaskbidask Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks nice, congrats image .

<< <i>...A proof like yours is not worth much more $$$ than a common circulating pieces in UNC.... >>

Is it a Proof or a business strike? image The devices are certainly frosty enough to look Proof, but the fields & luster don't look Proof, at least not to my old eyes. Possibly an EA (Erstabschlag - First Strike)? In any case, Schiller 5 Marks are fairly scarce in high grade MS, and high grade Proofs are very scarce, at least in my experience. Just my 2¢. - Preussen >>

this is a business strike graded 65 but a blazer

It's a beauty image . I have an NGC MS65 too, but no pics image

I had a pic of my 5M Proof, but I seem to have "misplaced" it; but, it looks pretty-much like the 2M image -Preussen

• SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay that is enough of these coins, I do not need to get out of focus yet once again with my hobby pursuits.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21