Home Sports Talk
Options

Stupid move by the Yankees....

yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
I'll probably catch some flack for this but something happening today that I dont like.

Yanks are out of it and they are letting Carl Pavano pitch. I want to know why. Why should he be allowed to showcase himself? Sorry, I just dont like it.

Comments

• Options
    He made a few starts before Yanks were out of contention. Why not rest the arms you plan to keep?
  • Options
    Cuz give a young arm a chance to get some ML experience. Perfect time for a debut. I just dont think Pavano deserves this.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    rumor is they are planning on trading Wang and moving Pavano to top of rotationimage
  • Options
    Could it be that they want to evaluate him further to see if they keep him on the staff after his contract ends this season?? To be fair, they haven't really seen enough of him to just cut bait.
    I'm a Yankee fan and am just amazed that he got back into games this year at all. but knowing that he's going to be a FA and is still only 31 or something like that...the Yanks could be looking to audition him for 3rd or 4th spot in the rotation...
    Just a thought.

Edit to add that he pitched 3+ innings and gave up 5 runs in the loss. Some showing Pavano.
    Ted Williams, Willie Mays, Tom Seaver, Mike Schmidt, George Brett, Bob Gibson, Lou Brock player collector
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be interesting on some of the Yankee free agents what they do. Guys that could help but not be leaders like Pavano and Giambi. Will they offer them something a fraction of the old contract or just say see ya?
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    You are complaining about Pavano getting a start in a meaningless game? Jeez, some people have way too much free time.
  • Options
    You are right, I do have a lot of free time. Sucks for you, good for me! image

I'll remember the same courtesy for you when you have an opinion.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I see Barry's point. And If I was a member of that team I'd be p.o

Maybe they are trying to get his cost per game average down a bit? from 6 million per start to 5.7?

Steve
    Good for you.