Home Sports Talk
Options

Eric Gagne - generous guy

I'll admit it. I've booed Gagne more than once this year. The guy signed a $10M contract with the Brewers just days before appearing on the Mitchell Report. He's come in and blown quite a few games for the Brewers this year and is now a $10M 7th or 8th inning guy that the team can't trust.

He bought 5,000 tickets for tonight's Brewers game and just gave them away at brewers.com. I didn't take advantage of it because I am already going (and would feel guilty getting free tickets from a guy I've booed while doing his job).

I can guarantee you that I'll be cheering for him tonight. It's a pretty classy move for a guy who gets more boos than cheers here in brewtown.

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boston folks still don't like him, but that is a very cool thing to do. Amazing to me is that 5,000 tickets were available...that'd never happen in a city that likes baseball.
  • Options

<< <i>Boston folks still don't like him, but that is a very cool thing to do. Amazing to me is that 5,000 tickets were available...that'd never happen in a city that likes baseball. >>

We get a pretty decent walk-up at games like tonight. If it was the Cubs, Cardinals, Dodgers, Mets, etc., there would not be 5k seats available. But it's the Pirates, so there wasn't a big push to get tickets in advance. Plus, it's "Fan Appreciation Night" so it would've been a sellout by gametime anyway.
  • Options
    Is he generous or just feeling guilty about making that kind of scratch? If I made $10 million in a year and only deserved $50,000 of it, I'd probably consider buying 5,000 tickets too. At least that way the Brewers organization can make some money off of beer and hot dogs.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i> Is he generous or just feeling guilty about making that kind of scratch? If I made $10 million in a year and only deserved $50,000 of it, I'd probably consider buying 5,000 tickets too. At least that way the Brewers organization can make some money off of beer and hot dogs. >>

Hey now, Eric gave the Brewers 20 quality....................................................................................................innings this year....lol

Gagne was so awesome back when he was healthy and on the Dodgers. I used to love sitting near the bullpen so I could hear him heating up in the pen. I guess he must have been using some enhancements back then. lol
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i> I guess he must have been using some enhancements back then. lol >>

I guess you might be right. LOL
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    How do you say Gagne in French??

TURNBOW!!!
  • Options

<< <i>How do you say Gagne in French??

TURNBOW!!! >>

Haha! That's funny on so many levels!