Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

~* THE OFFICIAL DARKSIDE WEEKLY SWAP/BST THREAD FOR THE WEEK BEGINNING 9/25/08 *~

Comments

• Options
    Terms:

FREE shipping, handling, and insurance to USA addresses. Payment by PayPal preferred, but will accept personal checks
    and money orders (USA banks) from members with a known track record. Usually ship within 1-2 business days of receiving good funds
    (have to go to safety deposit box at bank). 5 day return privilege, for any reason, from your date
    of receipt. If you have any questions, please ask them via PM. Note: In most cases, coins in hand are better than images!

Reasonable offers considered...

Interesting lot of 11 FULLY ATTRIBUTED later roman bronzes. Size ranges from 10 - 22 mm,
    with many larger coins. Coins come in 2x2 plastic flips with full attributions (emperor,
    inscriptions, weight, diameter, mint, date of minting, reverse types, RIC reference number, etc)
    on the inserts. Condition is in the F-VF range. Emperors include Arcadius, Diocletian, Crispus,
    Licinius I, Valentinian II, Constantius II, Constans I, and Galerius. Three campgates are included.
    Be sure to check out the images.

The entire lot bargain priced at $65.00. (SOLD)

Nice lot of 33 cleaned later roman bronzes. Various sizes (many larger), emperors, and reverse types.
    All in F-VF condition range. A few could use some more detailed cleaning, but the vast majority
    are ready to attribute and flip. These are the types of coins that cost $4-$10 each
    elsewhere. Be sure to check out the images.

The entire lot bargain priced at $100.00. (SOLD)

Thanks for looking,
    John

John C. Knudsen, LM ANA 2342, LM CSNS 337
    SFC, US Army (Ret.) 1974-1994
  • Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭
    $100 delivered
    imageimage

$60 delivered
  • Options
    PreussenPreussen Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭
    Shipping within USA included. Payment by PayPal OK. Money back if not pleased. Offers considered. -Preussen

Prussia Thaler, 1866-A (Berlin mint) "regular" issue - scarcer than the commem of this year. White & Lustrous, NGC MS-64
    (yes, that's a die crack on the lower reverse image ). $185.

Prussia 1868-A Silber Groschen, Much more attractive than my crummy pics. NGC MS-67. $150.

German 3rd Reich 2 Mark Proof, 1934-A. Scarce coin with great eye-appeal (IMO) but quite severely hairlined. $75.

German post-WWII Allied Occupation issue 10 Pfennig (swastica removed & tail feathers restored) Scarce in this condition (the date is not weak, as the pic might suggest). PCGS MS-64. $65.

Prussia 1904 2 Mark Impaired Proof. Looks like someone was careless with this one image . Still an attractive piece (IMO) but with some rim cuts, some hits (including a long vertical hit in the obverse field behind the bust) & maybe just a hint of rub. An inexpensive Proof image . $75.

Brandenburg 2/3 Thaler or Gulden, 1691-LCS (Berlin mint). Friedrich III (1688-1713), Elector of Brandenburg, and (as Friedrich I) King in Prussia (1701-1713). Strong AU details with much luster remaining in the protected areas. Some faint hairlines, as are common on these pieces. Coin is lighter than my pics indicate. Karl Stephens graded as "Lovely AU." Very scarce in this condition. $275.

Prussia Thaler, 1771-A, Frederick the Great. Strong VF Thaler with luster in the protected areas, light adjustment marks and some bluish toning that my pics don't pick up. $125.

Prussia 18 Kreuzer / Groschen, or call it a Tympf (your choice-all seem to be acceptable). Frederick the Great (1740-1786), Magdeburg mint, Seven-Year-War issue. Very scarce and attractive. Obverse adjustment marks. Karl Stephens called it "Choice VF" when I bought it. Unlisted in Krause; Neumann #320. $100.

Prussia VI Kreuzer, 1756-B (Breslau mint). Friedrich the Great (1740-1786) Seven-Year-War issue. The coin is a very lustrous AU, lighter than my pics, with the typical striking weakness and minor planchet flaws. Quite scarce. (Listed under Silesia in Krause); Neumann #263. $75.
    "Illegitimis non carborundum" -General Joseph Stilwell. See my auctions
  • Options
    DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508
    Shipping in the US is free for US forum members, and payment by Paypal please

Israeli coin (from the 1950s I think?), with cool iridescent toning

$10.00

1925 Peace. obverse is a very strong MS64 or 65. Reverse is a very strong MS66+

$50.00

really sharp proof cameo German half-mark

$100.00

Beautiful rainbow toners. These were former ICCS MS65 coins that i slit out of their holders. (still have holders to include) Based on the perception (and generally reality) that ICCS is more strict than either PCGS or NGC, these are probably MS66 or higher. beautiful toning and choice coins.

$ 20.00 each

Luxemborg 1 Franc, 1947

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1909 Canada 1c PCGS MS64RD Trends for $500. Will sell for $325. ppd

Canada 1925 5c PCGS AU50. Trends $750. Sell for $400 ppd.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    eCoinquesteCoinquest Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭
    I have the below coin for sale HERE. Please PM. Shipping is free.

1887 Sovereign Gold Proof Victoria NGC PR63 DEEP CAMEO~ Photographed by Mgoodm3

Thanks!!
    Hany
  • Options
    WTB

Twenty Century Mexican One Peso 1920, 1920/10, 1921, 1922 1923, 1924, 1925, 1926 and 1927 PCGS or NGC MS65 or avobe.

Thank you!

~
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    (gone)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Dawg144Dawg144 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

Saxony, Frederick III "the Wise" silver groschen. Saurma-4419. $110 delivered within the U.S.

Thanks for looking!
  • Options
    2004 Austria 25 euro ( silver&niobium) $130 delivered

Just pm me if interested

Jim
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTB: 1959 Bermuda Crowns
  • Options
    will trade this 08 kangaroo for kangaroo from another year. carded, frosted uncirculated version.
  • Options
    pricing reduced in my listing. thanks!

Doug
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    (gone)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    pendragon1998pendragon1998 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to buy a MS69 silver britannia - raw, ngc, or pcgs - PM me if you've got a lead.
  • Options
    a couple more to add, free US shipping and payment by Paypal.

1887 Great Britain Crowns, all MS63 grouped together in an NGC multi-holder. All have great toning, and strong strikes.

$600.00

here are the reverses of two of the three. the third has even cooler toning!

1826 George IV Shilling. An awesome example with strong luster, great toning and an above average strike!

$325.00

• Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    wow!!! Attractive crowns!!! nice!!!!