Home Precious Metals
Options

700 bazillion dollar bailout....welfare for the rich?

or a boon for the doom and gloomers in the precious metals market?

Comments

• Options
    The whole feet dragging act by Congress sickens me. What a bunch of posers.
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    I just hope workers nearing retirement with nice 401Ks are smart enough to move into low risk now. If the market suffers I really would hate to hear some 62-63 year olds whine about having to work until 70 years old because they decided to stay in higher risk mutual funds.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Short term I truly don't know what it means for the market or for Gold. Could go either way.

Long term I'm POSITIVE that it means a great increase in inflation which will undoubtedly lead to a lower US dollar and higher Gold and Silver prices.

If others can't see this future forecast then heaven help you!!!
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭

So what does the small fry like me to do to prepare for this? Buy alot more Au and Ag? How about my Annuities/Stock Fund 403(b)?

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing move the 403b into lower risk. On the other hand the stock maket could rebound rapidly. This whole thing is such a crapshoot either way.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    once this dust devil settles, we can see which way it might go on a longer term

as expected the DOW is up over 200 at the time, big swings get a ho-hum...i wonder what Wall-Street was expecting or hoping for a +500 day?
  • Options
    The dow is up, but so far it is very light trading, and rememember, no shorting allowed on financials.
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?