Home Sports Talk
Options

Delgado For MVP!

lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
Him and Johan are keeping this team alive.

He just hit a grand salami to make it 5-1 against the Cubs.

38 hrs, 113 rbi's

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    shhhhhhhhh before we have a 28 page thread on why his RBI are meaningless and why he is not as good as
    (insert name here) and how Jim Rice compares to him.

Now you did it I can just see all the posts now.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Ah yes. I forgot they're not called rbi's but rbi

My bad image
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ron Santo is the absolute bestest baseball player to ever step foot in a battersbox and play major League Baseball.
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Him and Johan are keeping this team alive.

38 hrs, 113 rbi's >>

oops. anti-MVP.... mets bullpen.....

5-5.

much of the same for the phillies bullpen.... just gave up a 3 run dinger to chipper with 2 outs!!!!

DOES ANYONE WANT THE EAST?!?!??
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear SteveK is out mumbling in the Philly streets to himself, "We're not the Mets, We can't choke, I even started a thread about the date we'd clinch, No Grote, NOOO!!" image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Him and Johan are keeping this team alive.

38 hrs, 113 rbi's >>

oops. anti-MVP.... mets bullpen.....

5-5.

much of the same for the phillies bullpen.... just gave up a 3 run dinger to chipper with 2 outs!!!!

DOES ANYONE WANT THE EAST?!?!?? >>

Damn bullpen! They're gonna blow another one image
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put the blame on this blown lead squarely on the shoulders of Perez. You just can't walk 5 guys in 4 innings and give up six hits and a home run and expect a win.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the heck is a grand salami? Is that a new sandwich at subways?
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I put the blame on this blown lead squarely on the shoulders of Perez. You just can't walk 5 guys in 4 innings and give up six hits and a home run and expect a win. >>

he's got SUCH good stuff.. I just can't imagine how good he could be if he could just tone it down a TOUCH for the control.
    frig... Moyer and Pedro can get people out with low speed and good location... LEARN before your 50, would ya?

Mets might be in more danger. If the Brewers win and Mets lose they're tied for the WC.

btw, Delgado just flied out with 1st and 3rd, 2 out.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the Mets pitching staff "grand baloney" ?
  • Options

<< <i>Is the Mets pitching staff "grand baloney" ? >>

Just the bullpen.
  • Options
    Hey, if one views RBI as important, more power to them...then I would expect them to also view a failed RBI chance just as important on the negative side.

Jim Rice was consistently among the biggest culprits among middle of the order hitters at failing to drive runners in from scoring position(making outs in those situations).

So as much as one gets hard for the RBI he accumulated, then they must also take the Salt Peter from the league leading times that he failed to drive them in.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey, if one views RBI as important, more power to them...then I would expect them to also view a failed RBI chance just as important on the negative side.

Jim Rice was consistently among the biggest culprits among middle of the order hitters at failing to drive runners in from scoring position(making outs in those situations).

So as much as one gets hard for the RBI he accumulated, then they must also take the Salt Peter from the league leading times that he failed to drive them in. >>

That is very fair Skin. I can appreaciate that.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I knew it. It always comes down to Jim Rice and his failed attempts.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    If the Mets make it in, I would vote for Delgado all day long over that guy Howard Ryan or Ryan Howard...confusing, 2 first names. Lets see, Delgado will finish with a .270ish ave and might get 40 HR's and 114+ RBI's, 30+ 2B's and has alot less SO's . Either way, both players are certainly their teams MVP's.

Look at what the Mets earlier this season. The team was in big trouble when Willie got fired. That brings up a good point, their skipper has done quite a good job as well. and the team did not give up.
  • Options

<< <i>I knew it. It always comes down to Jim Rice and his failed attempts.

Steve >>

It really does, doesn't it. It doesn't matter what thread either, it's always always about Jim Rice.

I think somebody needs to update the Wikipedia page on RBI to make sure the general public knows that no conversation on the topic is complete without a thorough examination of Rice's career.