Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Green Cherry Pie From Krypton!

Hey! Picked this up at Legend!

Registry Description:

Another masterfully toned "color" coin from the world of Matte Proof Lincolns. What the obverse lacks in "pop" it makes up for in a diversity of its own. Purplish red intermingles seamlessly with green hues delightfully over flawless fields and exacting strike. From what I can tell, 1910 is the year of the shoulder, granting well struck specimens a level of jacket detail never before or after seen. I simply had no idea until viewing this coin what Mr. Brenner had in mind, but now, the shoulder is defined and crisp, and the jacket so textured that it would seem to need a good ironing. Upon comparison with other 1910 MPLs, this would appear to be a very early die state. The reverse... oh the reverse! Eye appeal is really off the charts here! Emerald intermingles with Purple granting an electrifying Teal tone to the entire reverse which needs no degree of imagination to bring to the eye. This reverse goes from vivid to more vivid with frosty textures and a perfect strike. Only occasionally does the toning interrupt at lower points, making for an incredible visage. The entire coin is completely free of spots or carbon of any sort, revealing only the most occasional fleck under magnification. Knowing what to look for, diagnostics are perceptible with the naked eye. It is estimated that fewer than 100 high grade Mattes meet the coveted "color toned" status. This coin fits well within their ranks.

Comments

• Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BE-U-TEE-FUL!

Same general toning patterns as mine....with the same type reverse toning, a deeper blue.
  • Options
    BWRCBWRC Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

Very nice coin and images!
    Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow Matt!! That is just a killer matte. Great strike, color and outstanding image.image
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    sweet 10' matt...you sure have fallen into these matty's with a deep passion...someone give him a hat tooimage
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The green hair and flamboyant multicolored mascara are really good for a kick! Like he just got back from a costume ball... or WORSE!
  • Options
    Matt-

That is some sweet rainbow 1910! Congratulations.

The 5:00 yellow-green tinge sinks the hook for me.

Thanks.

Duane

P.S. Note: No evident "C Line" diagnostic. Is that just in the photo?
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great coin!!!!!
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    A stunning toner, and definitely one of the biggest ones I've ever seen! If it wasn't for the fact that you didn't mention it, I'd swear it was in a holder.
    I am not kidding,

G99G
    I collect 20-slab, blue plastic PCGS coin boxes. To me, every empty box is like a beating heartimage NOT.

People come up sometimes, and ask me, G99G, are you kidding? And I answer them no, I am NOT KIDDING.

Every empty box?
    C'mon!
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    i should add note too...your imaging skills is image

it's like a true view out of the holder there matt...incredible
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see