Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

My Horrors Poppage

Well done to PSA again . 15 days from receipt to shipping . Very pleased with the high numbers . (Thanks to Warhound for the #277 trade)

My poppage (for those interested) was :

VERY GOOD+ 3.5 1938 HORRORS OF WAR 7 BLOWING DOWN THE ANCIENT WALLS OF PAOSHAN Card US
VERY GOOD 3 1938 HORRORS OF WAR 10 TWENTY NAKED CHINESE NATIONALISTS... Card US
VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT 4 1938 HORRORS OF WAR 56 NANKING RETREAT TURNED INTO A ROUT Card US
VERY GOOD 3 1938 HORRORS OF WAR 74 THE STARVING CHILDREN OF CHINA Card US
VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT 4 1938 HORRORS OF WAR 89 WOMAN PHOTOGRAPHER CRUSHED BY LOYALIST TANK Card US
VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT 4 1938 HORRORS OF WAR 102 CHINESE GUERRILLAS WRECK A SUPPLY TRAIN Card US
VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT+ 4.5 1938 HORRORS OF WAR 140 REBELS CLEAN UP TERUEL AFTER RECAPTURE Card US
EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1938 HORRORS OF WAR 224 SUCHOW FALLS TO THE INVADERS Card US
POOR 1 MC 1938 HORRORS OF WAR 277 HITLER'S BORDER TOUR RAISES WAR SCARE Card US
VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT 4 1938 HORRORS OF WAR 282 "HORSEWHIPPING" OF DEPUTY INFLAMES SUDETENS Card US
VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT+ 4.5 1938 HORRORS OF WAR 284 GERMANY'S AMAZING MOBILE BIG GUN Card US

Comments

• gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing! One of these days I am going to have to start on this set. Do you have pictures of these?

I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !

Hello to All ,

Hi gregmo32 , go for it . I've only collected Horrors since April (after completing my Civil War News) and i must admit it's a great set .
    The cards are colorful , informative and some are downright gory .

I haven't any pics of the sub (on a plane someplace) but heres a pic of 1 of the ' gory ' cards .

• Congratulations on the grades Mark:

Gregmo, I have scans up of over 220 cards from the HOW set, on my Registry set (Under the name WarhoundR69).

Check them out if you want to see what the cards from this set look like.
    30's R Want List:

R73 1933 Goudey Indian Gum - Series 288 - Nos. 118
    Also looking for 1953 Parkhurst & 1953 Quaker Oats Ripley's BION.

If you have any available for sale PM me
  • gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I love them. And I really like the artistic depictions of the history of world violence. You would think we would have figured it out by now...

One day, I will jump into this set!
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Hello to All ,

Hi Jerry ,

Fair play Jerry has a great set of scans showing cards from the HOW set .

I often browse through them , i appreciate all the members who take their time to scan and share their cards , be they NS or Sports .

----
    Mark

• Hello to All ,

Hi Gregmo ,

Theres lots i like about the HOW's , the use of colour the style of drawing , the text , it's cataloging of different conflicts , the generel feel of the cards ..it's a great set .

I'm sure you'll have some fun when you take the plunge . Enjoy .

----
    Mark
  • The trouble with collecting this set is that it's so freakin' huge. Unless you just get the cards you really like, completing the whole thing would be awfully expensive.

imageimageimageimageimage
  • It's well worth the effort to collect Horrors of War. I started the set 4 years ago & I'm down to 23 cards to finish it.

By the time I'm done I'll have spent about 6K for a VG/EX set. If you want cards in higher grades the cost escalates exponentially.

If I sold my cards today, I would probably make a profit.

My only advice would be to pick up Nos. 1, 88, 99, 240 & 277 to 288 first. Those are the most in demand & highest priced cards.
    30's R Want List:

R73 1933 Goudey Indian Gum - Series 288 - Nos. 118
    Also looking for 1953 Parkhurst & 1953 Quaker Oats Ripley's BION.

If you have any available for sale PM me
  • Hell to All ,

Hi heinlein99 ,

The trouble with collecting this set is that it's so freakin' huge

If that puts you off maybe card collecting ain't for you .

----
    Mark