Home Sports Talk
Options

The best TD celebration ever

Fast forward to the 40 second mark. They had this on ESPN a couple of nights ago, so a lot of you may have seen it already. If you missed it, though, it's worth checking out.

Comments

• Options
    That's hilarious, but what do you follow that up with, a game of red light/green light?
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Ha! I think that's a great idea. Or maybe a rousing game of Simon Sez?
  • Options
    After sleeping on it, I've decided that Red Rover would make a great celebration too. A bunch of the guys could all link arms on the goal line and have the TD scorer bust through them.

In all seriousness, I think somebody should dedicate an entire season's worth of TD celebrations to a chosen theme. I kinda like what TO has been doing with his sprinter motif, but I think there's room for a lot more creativity here.
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think it's about the stupidest thing i've ever seen, but i'm old school.

i can't say for certain if he really said as much, but Legendary NFL Coach and Innovator Paul Brown once admonished his players about what's appropriate after scoring a touchdown by saying "Act like you've been there before" which almost noone does nowadays. i bloame it all on Billy "white shoes" Johnson.
  • Options
    Keets, I agree with you - end zone celebrations aren't "right." But times have changed (for better or worse) and I don't see today's athletes giving them up. So they might as well get creative with them.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I like how the Eagles wr's celebrate after each td, especially that Jackson dude.

Oh, did I say after each td? I meant before image