Home Sports Talk
Options

The future is tonight for the Rays...

...as David Price makes his first MLB start.

Wonder how he will do?
baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
NHL hall of fame rookies

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully he gets lit up!
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    The Indians started a rookie awhile back named Scott Lewis. He threw 8 shutout innings.....hope that Price has the same success. And a save for Percival to follow. It would be great if the Sox didn't get in, time for some new teams.....
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The Indians started a rookie awhile back named Scott Lewis. He threw 8 shutout innings.....hope that Price has the same success. And a save for Percival to follow. It would be great if the Sox didn't get in, time for some new teams..... >>

no way the Sox lose every remaining game and the Yankees win every remaining game...that curse was broken
  • Options
    it is a foregone conclusion that the sox and rays will make the playoffs. love to see them battle for the pennant ultimately.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The Indians started a rookie awhile back named Scott Lewis. He threw 8 shutout innings.....hope that Price has the same success. And a save for Percival to follow. It would be great if the Sox didn't get in, time for some new teams..... >>

no way the Sox lose every remaining game and the Yankees win every remaining game...that curse was broken >>

Yes it was image
  • Options

<< <i>it is a foregone conclusion that the sox and rays will make the playoffs. love to see them battle for the pennant ultimately. >>

that would be a potentially great series...I'd like to see it too.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>it is a foregone conclusion that the sox and rays will make the playoffs. love to see them battle for the pennant ultimately. >>

that would be a potentially great series...I'd like to see it too. >>

Sorry guys, I didn't realize that the Sox had such a large lead over the Yankees and also the Twins.....how does the playoff work out this year if the Red Sox end up second or first...anyone know who they would play???? I know it wouldn't be each other (i.e. the Rays) but would they get the Angels if they ended up second and the White Sox if they end up first???
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

that would be a potentially great series...I'd like to see it too. >>

Sorry guys, I didn't realize that the Sox had such a large lead over the Yankees and also the Twins.....how does the playoff work out this year if the Red Sox end up second or first...anyone know who they would play???? I know it wouldn't be each other (i.e. the Rays) but would they get the Angels if they ended up second and the White Sox if they end up first??? >>

if things remain as is:

Red Sox at Angels
    White Sox at Rays
  • Options
    thanks barndog.....al.
  • Options
    Man, you Yankee and Sox guys can't help but turn our threads into something related to those teams, huh? image

Back on topic!

Price pitched pretty well in his first start (he's also had a few relief appearances).......

5.1 IP
    1 ER
    4 H's
    3 BB
    3 K's

I'll take it!!!
  • Options
    Price has a pretty nasty slider to go with the fastball. He's got the potential to be someone special.
  • Options
    I'm an Indians guy.....Indians win 4-3.....have to believe Sox have tougher schedule at least for next two games...they get Lee and then Carmona.....Rays also won....hope Indians sweep Sox, small amount of pay back for what happened last year.
  • Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
    Well not too bad as Goot said.

So this year the ROY goes to Longoria and next year maybe Price...

Looks like the Rays are here to stay.

It will be great next year to see the Rays and the Jays 1-2 in the division.

m.
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    the blue jays wont sniff 2nd place unless they get another slugger. Wells and Rios are too erratic and slump prone.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i> Man, you Yankee and Sox guys can't help but turn our threads into something related to those teams, huh?

Back on topic!

Price pitched pretty well in his first start (he's also had a few relief appearances).......

5.1 IP
    1 ER
    4 H's
    3 BB
    3 K's

I'll take it!! >>

+1 for Goot.

I would like to add that Price kept his team in the game and now has a start under his belt which should give him something to build on. That's all you can ask out of a new young starting pitcher. Also, the Rays got another "W" yesterday!
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Man, you Yankee and Sox guys can't help but turn our threads into something related to those teams, huh?

Goot not for nothing but I did not see any Yankee guys in this thread.

The 'Sox' guys are nervous and rightly so, until they win one more game........

Back to the topic how did that kid do last night?

And will he be on the Post Season roster?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Looks like the Rays are here to stay.

Getting number 1 draft picks year after year does that.

It is good for baseball, now they have to sign these guys long term like the Indians did in the 90's to that core.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>the blue jays wont sniff 2nd place unless they get another slugger. Wells and Rios are too erratic and slump prone. >>

Snider and lind will work just fine.

baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options

<< <i>Looks like the Rays are here to stay.

Getting number 1 draft picks year after year does that.

It is good for baseball, now they have to sign these guys long term like the Indians did in the 90's to that core.

Steve >>

They had a good start by signing Longoria to a long term contract. That guy is AMAZING@!

m.
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    Wow that kid went 13 and 1 in the minors this yr!

I see he left the game tiied, and had a no no for 4 innings.

I'd root for them this Post Season if my Mets choke again.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Man, you Yankee and Sox guys can't help but turn our threads into something related to those teams, huh?

Goot not for nothing but I did not see any Yankee guys in this thread.

Steve >>

That's because all the Yankee fans have moved on to the NY Giants for the winter.