Home Precious Metals
Options

PM's up, Oil up, Stocks down... Gold hit 900 again...

So do you think big money realizes there is no safe place in the markets right now and are fleeing to PM's and Oil again?

imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?

Comments

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't be happening.......forum perma-shorts have already decreed all time tops in both for years to come.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options

<< <i>Can't be happening.......forum perma-shorts have already decreed all time tops in both for years to come.

roadrunner >>

imageimage
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    perma-shorts

In climates with significant weather changes between the four seasons, a Perma-Short is someone who will wear shorts all year round, regardless of temperature. Usually, Perma-Shorts are male with long unruly hair. They usually complement their shorts with an old t-shirt usually displaying something related to dragons, wolves, eagles, or Def Leppard. It is usually postulated that most Perma-Shorts think they are some how getting back at society by refusing to wear coats and pants.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think after a 8% rally in equities it was time to take profits, just as they took profits on gold last week. Oil should hit resistance in the 112-115 area. I wouldnt expect more that.

Hard not to take 20% gains for a 17 hour hold.image
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    let the news cycle die down and lets check again in a week or two.
    everywhere you turn it is doom and gloom reporting.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The FED is allowed to pull out every trick in the book to boost financial stocks, housing and the dollar. Yet precious metals are allowed to fight the PPT naked shorts with wooden sticks....and beats them.

You know, I didn't see any comments from the short side of gold at $750-$775 to give it a few weeks and to see where it settled. The tone was decidedly, "we're heading for the bottom, the commodities bull is dead, long live King Fiat." And now oil threatening as well? The FED and Treasury come up with new trading rules and it turns right around and bites them in the keister. If they desired volatility they got it.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold