Home Sports Talk
Options

Anyone watch the Ryder Cup this weekend?

This was the first golf tournament that I ever really sat down and watched. I must say that I am hooked! It was great to see the Americans pull it out. There was some fantastic golf played this weekend. Makes me want to go to some PGA events next year.

Chris
Chris
My small collection
Want List:
'61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
Cardinal T206 cards
Adam Wainwright GU Jersey

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my gosh if I knew the Ryder Cup was on TV, I would have never watched any college or pro football, or watched any baseball, and watched the Ryder Cup instead. image
  • Options
    I would normally have watched football all weekend but after Missouri won early I just watched golf instead. I must say that it was quite enjoyable. God I'm getting old!
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    Cardinal T206 cards
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Ryder Cup is always fun to watch, but it defnintely took a back seat to the NFL yesterday.

I don't think it is a coincidence that they won without Tiger. From what I understand, the team seemed pretty loose all weekend.

Anthony Kim is going to be the next star in golf, the kid has had an unbelievable season, and will only get better.
  • Options
    zzz
  • Options
    Boooooooooooooo!
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    I was there Friday and Saturday. Flew back Sunday morning to watch the rest on tv. (Also to watch some football). I had a time of my life and cheered immensely both days. I'am really glad the USA won and really proud of their team play. I'am happy for Azinger. He is such a nice guy and put so much thought and work into the team and preparation of this Cup. Without doubt the rookies made a huge difference this year for USA. Not only their excellent play but their energy to and for the team.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    I loved it. Usually I have to root for the Euros because I can't stand Tiger. It was great to root for the Americans for once. I love all our young guns - Kim, Mahan, Holmes etc. They really meshed well with vets like Furyk and Mickelson. I was great TV. Much closer than the 5 point difference would indicate.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Did Arnold Palmer win it again?
  • Options

<< <i>Did Arnold Palmer win it again? >>

Actually it was Trevino. He was amazing.
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    Cardinal T206 cards
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Did Arnold Palmer win it again? >>

If you keep making these silly comments, I'm reporting you to Tonya.
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Man , what did I miss ? I thought this was some post game field hockey celebration. If it were that, then why did I watch Dexter reruns with my pycho , just released from prison , neighbor ?

I really miss all the great events. I'm beginning to grow concerned about the time I spend , lollygagging , while more important events pass me by.

I've heard it said that "True life flies faster than eyes can ever see". I'll try to be more attentive next year.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell