Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Anyone else get an email from Quantify Corporation?

Sounds great if it's on the level, but I'm not giving eBay info to a party I don't know....

Dear PCGS Set Registry Collector,

My name is Justin Heller and I am an avid collector and user of the Set Registry. I have found it very time consuming searching through thousands of online auctions (like on eBay) to find just the coins I need to fill gaps in my collection.)

This is why my company (Quantify Corporation) has launched a new FREE website to help Set Registry collectors automatically find ONLY the coins they need or their sets.

I am inviting all Set Registry members to use our FREE site http://www.registrycollector.com. My company is especially interested in receiving feedback about the service and how we can improve it.

How It Works

To use Registry Collector sign up for the FREE service by creating your account. Link in your eBay® & PCGS accounts and simply go to your PCGS Set RegistrySM collections and export (using PCGS' built in functionality) the collection to a CSV file. Upload the exported set to the Registry Collector website. From there, we do all the rest. We look for coins that fill gaps in your collection through sophisticated matching & linking logic that reliably finds only the coins you need. We comb through eBay® selecting only those certified coins with valid certification numbers matching them with the coins you need. We will also automatically notify you when we find new auctions for the coins you need.

Registry Collector is a FREE to use service and is not affiliated with PCGS, eBay or any other grading or auction service. We offer services for collectors and online consumers.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me at either justin.heller@mac.com (personal) or justin.heller@quantifycorp.com (business), or if you would like to talk to me, feel free to call me at 201-213-2280.

Many thanks & happy collecting.

Regards,

Justin Heller
Chief Operating Officier
Quantify Corporation

Comments

• I didn't receive this e-mail yet.

RegistryNut image
  • 66RB66RB Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭
    That looks like a great way to end up with a lot of junk coins.

No thanks, I'll search myself, isn't that half the fun anywayimage
  • Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭
    Since i removed my email address from my profile, I don't get spam anymore.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • sumduncesumdunce Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭✭
    <<<by creating your account. Link in your eBay® & PCGS accounts>>>

Don't know why but that statement alone sets off so many red flags for me that I stopped reading right there.

S
  • I prefer to hunt on my own. What's next virtual coin collecting.........
  • ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    <<<by creating your account. Link in your eBay® & PCGS accounts>>>

Don't know why but that statement alone sets off so many red flags for me that I stopped reading right there.

Me too.
    After emailing them back I have been assured that personal info will not be collected.
    I am stepping in S-L-O-W-L-Y.

I am at a point where it is asking for eBay user name & my eBay token.
    I think other sites ask for this token, but not sure what kind of info this token gives the other sites.

Is this something that is OK to give out, or should I stop now?

• << <i><<<by creating your account. Link in your eBay® & PCGS accounts>>>

Me too.
    After emailing im back I have been assured that personal info will not be collected.
    I am stepping in S-L-O-W-L-Y.

I am at a point where it is asking for eBay user name & my eBay token.
    I think other sites ask for this token, but not sure what kind of info this token gives the other sites.

Is this something that is OK to give out, or should I stop now?
    >>

Since this is a family type site, two words...

HECK NO!
    Best Regards,

Rob

"Those guys weren't Fathers they were...Mothers."

UPDATE

Communication has been good & eBay token requirement has been removed.

Still prceeding slowly.......
  • Stupid question: What's the eBay token you're talking about?

Millertime
    Millertime,

Not exactly sure, but sounds like a communication path between eBay & the info provided info to this site.....
    Here's what they told me,

"Hi Augie,
    Here is some information about eBay integration (e.g. Token). Admitedly we need better wording than Token.
    http://developer.ebay.com/products/ We are using eBay's Shopping API: http://developer.ebay.com/products/shopping/
    Hopefully this eleviates some concerns you may have with our system. I think we need to update our site info to product this information. If you choose to use our eBay integration you will see that you are navigated to eBay's system (Shopping Cart Integration Page).

Many thanks,
    Justin
    "

It is a slick site IMO, and I have make some sugestions that they have impliemented, and looks like I will be using it as my sets are all over the place.
    Those that pursue 1 or 2 set types my opt of looking for themselve.
    But unless someone here tells me to stop because of security issues that they are sure I would be giving away, I see myself using this service.

And it makes me feel better that they are actually thinking of charging for services that are in the works, half my fears stem from free sites that provide services and gather info.
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since i removed my email address from my profile, I don't get spam anymore.

Ditto and boy am I liking it. I also hide the address in my sets.

• lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    i justv received the email

i find no injustice here and a neat concept...

i find no need other then my email address to be supplied and yes i leave my set contact open

the pro's out weigh the cons in my eyes
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• << <i>Since i removed my email address from my profile, I don't get spam anymore.

Ditto and boy am I liking it. I also hide the address in my sets.

image >>

I leave mine open and email address hoping someone will offer me a missing coin for the set. It hasn't happened yet but you never know.

Millertime

• << <i>Since i removed my email address from my profile, I don't get spam anymore. >>

I think that is the next step for me.... removing my email. I get these every so often and its pretty annoying. It seems like there is more spam than anything beneficial.
    I leave mine open and email address hoping someone will offer me a missing coin for the set.

So do I, unfortunately the offers I have received so far have been out of my league. image
  • I received the email. Went to Whois verified the address, called the phone numbers and talked the the owner.

I also went to check out the company that provides their internet space. They seem to be a for business only type of organization, not one of your run of the mill URL shops.

The personal information that would be dangerous to provide is voluntary so there is no downside if you do not activate the Ebay tracking feature that Aija mentioned.

I for one, like to look for the coins I need, but am really annoyed when a coin gets by me because I just forgot to look in the right place, or was busy that week. This seems like another great search tool to find the coins I need to complete my sets.