Home Sports Talk
Options

Who's Hating QB Life More: Brady, Jackson, Leinart, Young, Garcia, Smith or Quinn?

JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
Which non-playing NFL QB is hating life more right now?

1. Tom Brady;
2. Tarvaris Jackson;
3. Matt Leinart;
4. Vince Young;
5. Jeff Garcia;
6. Alex Smith; or
7. Brady Quinn.

My vote is a tie between Alex Smith and Jeff Garcia. Smith is on IR and will be released ASAP. Garcia is old (yet, still skilled) and I can't see too many people wanting him right now. Jackson, Leinart, Young and Quinn all have problems, but they are young and thus still have time to "recover." (But of this group, I would put Young at the bottom as he appears to have psychological problems. But then again, Jackson appears to lack NFL skills.) And Brady, while injured, will have his job back whenever he is healthy. (Although, we always hear that it takes at least two (2) years to fully recover from a knee injury.)

/s/ JackWESQ

P.S. If I am missing anyone, please feel free to add and discuss. Thank you.

P.S.S. And most loving life right now? Maybe Aaron Rodgers. He is playing well, has absolute job security and his team is 2-0. That is, unless, he gets pounded by Dallas tonight.

Comments

• Options
    Jeff Garcia.

Not looking too good for him since Griese just threw for 400 yards and brought us back for the win.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    1. Tarvaris Jackson- if he can't get the job done there I doubt there is any other team willing to let him QB for them. He is another Quincy Carter. Also, he was pulled due to panic not 100% due to poor play but now that the shoe has dropped he faces an uphill battle to regain the #1 again.

2. Matt Leinart- he was given every opportunity to win the job and then some. Warner has played OK but still makes bad plays at the wrong time. You have to believe that Leinart just can't get it done. He was ordained BTW with all the hype, even more than Alex Smith so it has to be much more crushing to the ego.

3. Brady Quinn- with the investment in Derek Anderson even his uneven play this season won't get him pulled easily. Kansas City better hope they can work out a trade.

Of the ones on the list I think Alex Smith and Jeff Garcia will start for another team some time in the future. Smith wasn't really that bad in alot of his games (neither was David Carr but he got really gun shy towards the end). Garcia fills the role of the never ending vet back up that becomes starter much like a Griese or Ferotte is now.

BTW- I think Vince Young will be like Ricky Williams, once he gets his head screwed on right he will play well again. Big if but he still has talent.

Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    Brady Quinn will soon be the Browns starter if DA keeps playing like a high school QB
  • Options
    Quinn has to be very frustrated, his dropping in the draft has been reflected in the direction of his NFL career so far.

I'm sure he would really like to get out of Cleveland right now.
  • Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    Brady Quinn = Minnesota = Yes!!!
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options
    The Browns did not learn the lesson from San Diego and that is to keep the young gun. Think about it, Brees was coming off an ok season just before a truly bad season. Anderson was really a one year phenom and who's to say Quinn wouldn't have played better down the stretch? Their decision would have been much easier than San Diego's. Anderson had no were near Bree's track record in the pros or college. Now they have a ton of money tied up in two QBs.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as Quin goes, I think he is actually in the BEST position right now. I think its best to have a QB hang on the sidelines for a year or two and LEARN the Pro Game as well as the offense instead of getting thrown to the wolves. I think Aaron Rodgers is playing well because of his time on the sidelines.
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    With the start of the NFL season just a few days away, I thought now would be a good time to revisit this thread. So which of the QBs listed below is hating QB life the most? Tough call, but I'll go with Jeff Garcia who just got released by the Raiders; however, I could easily see it being Jackson, Leinart, Young and Smith.

/s/ JackWESQ

1. Tom Brady;
    2. Tarvaris Jackson;
    3. Matt Leinart;
    4. Vince Young;
    5. Jeff Garcia;
    6. Alex Smith; or
    7. Brady Quinn.
  • Options
    It is absolutely comical that you have Tom Brady even on that list right now.. Lets see, married to Gisselle Bundchen in the offseason, back from injury and starting, going to win the Super Bowl this year... image

Tavaris Jackson is my pick, talk about your team having ZERO faith in you, the Brett Favre signing had to be a kick in the balls for him ( Even though he must know that he sucks )
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

I'd add Michael Vick to your "who's hating QB Life" list.

Third string non-playing "bench warming" QB for the Philadelphia Beagles?

Woof! Woof!

rd

imageimageimageimageHeavy Fuel imageimageimageimage

imageimageimageimageWho Knows? imageimageimageimage

imageimageimageimageSweet Home Alabama imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I think Leinart has had the most fall of any on the list. He had to battle to remain #2.

Alex Smith also is in a big battle with Nate Davis to stay #2 on the 49ers.

Vince Young needs to get out of there to have any chance of playing again, unless old man collins gets hurt which is a possibility just like Jackson. I predict Jackson gets to play at least 2 games this season due to Brett's health.

Brady Quinn starts at least 6 games this season as the Browns struggle.
  • Options
    "I'd add Michael Vick to your "who's hating QB Life" list.

Third string non-playing "bench warming" QB for the Philadelphia Beagles?"

I think Vick is in a good position right now, his football skills are not at top level at the moment due to
    being out of the game so long so not that much is expected right now. It is likely that McNabb will
    get injured at some point in the season (doesn't he always?) and then Vick can step in.
  • Options

<< <i>I think Leinart has had the most fall of any on the list. He had to battle to remain #2. >>

Honestly though, Leinart got paid and is only lengthening his career by being sidelined, being a high priced backup QB is not really that bad imo. When he gets the starting job he will be rich, have fresh legs under him and more than know the Pro game.
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Relative to prison, being a third stringer ain't too bad. Heck, cleaning the Eagles locker room wouldn't be too bad.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Battling to be the #2 doesn't bode well for Leinart as I am assuming the coaches don't view him as the solution for the future. When Warner finally breaks his contract with the devil, Leinart may not even be on the team.
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭✭
    I forget, do NFL players still get paid on the DL? If so, I don't think we should feel TOO bad for Mr. Brady. He does have three (and just missed the fourth) rings and a sure Canton bust after all.

Did I forget to mention he's just married? image
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars