Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Trouble adding Pictures to my set! - HELP!

I am new to the registry & have started listing
my 1964 Topps Giants set, but wanted to add pictures.

I can't seem to get them to "take"

what is the trick?

(I am computer literate & thought it was simple, but
it never would add the pic...)

~jeff
imageimage

Comments

• Options
    First of all, are you adding .jpg or .gif photos?? The computer will only take these ... it will NOT accept a "www." web link to a photo.

Also, your photo must be UNDER 100,000 "whatchimacalits". I had to go back and change several of mine from "maximum" to "medium" to make them smaller in memory size.
  • Options
    I think I am scanning with too many "whatchimacalits".

Thanks!
    I will try again.
    imageimage
  • Options
    You're welcome!

My advice will only cost you 200 "thingamijiggers" !! image
  • Options
    BTW,
    what sets are you collecting on the registry
    (if you don't mind me asking)
    ~jeff
    imageimage
  • Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    BigKid,

After scanning 1500+ images myself, I can tell you it is very time comsuming and at times frustrating. However, if your scanner has a feature that allows you to select the "dpi" then I suggest you use 100"dpi" and DO NOT enhance your photo after scanning it. That will put you over the 100K memory limit and your image will NOT appear on the registry. (I found that out after about 200 scans)

Also, Vargha gave me some great advise that I will pass on. He suggested that I use a BLACK piece of paper and put it behind my card when I scan it in lue of the WHITE cover of my scanner. This really bring out the corners of my slabbed card.

Carlos
  • Options
    I second Carlos's suggestions. If your scanner allows you to scan at 100dpi, then do it! Also, decreasing the compression quality will save memory as well. Bottom line is that the memory allowance for each image is 100kb. Personally, PSA will not take any image above 98 kb from my PaperPort OneTouch scanner. Thus, all my images are 98 kb or less. The "black" paper or background for the slabbed card is an excellent idea and highly recommended!!!

Ron
    Ron Sanders Jr.
  • Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    BigKid>

Are you able to add images now? How's it coming along?

Carlos
  • Options
    If you can get your hands on Adobe Photoshop 5.5 or 6.0 it has a afeature call "Save for Web". It slices the image (say a 100kb) down to 25kb with minimal, and I mean minimal, quality lost
    Zach
  • Options
    Carlos,
    I finally got it working.
    and now know exactly how to scan for it.
    thanks for your help!

check them out at the link below!
    imageimage