Home Precious Metals
Options

2008 W Platinum

Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,954 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ok Folks what is your bet

Comments

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that at some point they will sell the remaining coins that are already made, but not strike any additional ones dated 2008. The question is, how many were made?

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭
    I think they'll sell the remaining proofs (probably 3-5k total), but will sell enough uncs to eclipse the proofs.
  • Options
    GritsManGritsMan Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think they'll sell the remaining proofs (probably 3-5k total), but will sell enough uncs to eclipse the proofs. >>

I agree they'll sell remaining stock, but a) don't think they'll mint any more and b) think proof sales will be higher than unc-Ws
    Winner of the Coveted Devil Award June 8th, 2010
  • Options
    ebizgobroebizgobro Posts: 595 ✭✭✭
    I think they will sell the remaining inventory but will not mint any more since we are nearing the end of the year.

I think someone else said that if the US Mint re-opens the sale that would be the time to back up the truck.
  • Options
    coolestcoolest Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    If they cant set a price this year, then how could they set a price next year. Thus they can never again sell platinum, til the market price reaches $2000/oz again.
  • Options
    I have learned one thing, in the past few years. Don't count on anything from the mint! You never know what there gonna do. If you want them to come back out, they may never. If you have enough, & don't want them to come out, then they will!!! So don't play chicken with them, if u need them, buy them from someone. If you have them, hold them, & see what happens!
    SEE the BULL!! BUY the BULL!! BE the BULL!! Do your homework first. And, you will learn alot!!
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have learned one thing, in the past few years. Don't count on anything from the mint! You never know what there gonna do. If you want them to come back out, they may never. If you have enough, & don't want them to come out, then they will!!! So don't play chicken with them, if u need them, buy them from someone. If you have them, hold them, & see what happens!

Bingo! You're exactly right.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was part of a trilogy and the wise old owl was removed, so my thought: it's over. The fat lady sang. Time will tell.