Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Post your raw, problem free MS Monroe Doctrine Commems

ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
I am skeptical that one even exists, so maybe someone can prove me wrong. These coins have to be the most scrubbed and abused of all classic commems.

I also wonder if the slabbed ones were created by persons capable of time travel -- going back in time to grab one before they were cleaned! image

Comments

• Options
    mirabelamirabela Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess that about sums it up, huh? Four and a half months, and not one response.

FWIW, here is one of the prettiest Monroe's I've ever seen offered for sale. It's on Mark Feld's web site. No, it is not a raw coin, and no, it is not cheap -- but it sure does look nice, which is something one can say for precious few of these poor things.
    mirabela
  • Options
    MowgliMowgli Posts: 1,219
    Mirabela - since I don't take pictures this might be worthless but my entire Commens 52 piece set is raw and uncirculated save for the Lafayette dollar. The Monroe used to be in a PCGS 63 holder so I'm going to assume it is problem free (and it looks it).
    In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.
  • Options
    slincslinc Posts: 480 ✭✭
    I got one on the cheap in a pci holder its certainly not problem free but i don't think it was cleaned.
  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's my slabbed one. PCGS MS65.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file