Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Question about 7-11 Coins

In my 2007 Standard Catalog it says that there is a 1986 7-11 Coin "Mideastern Region" set of these coins. The Catalog also says that in each of the five regional sets about half of the coins are of the same players and the other half can vary by region. So, if someone appears only in a certain regional set it would be easy to identify that coin's region. But for the coins that appear in each set it can be more difficult since, for example, the Mike Schmidt/Dale Murphy/Jim Rice coin is number V of of XV in all the regional sets.

According to the Pop Report, there have been no 1986 7-11 Mideastern Region coins graded.

I ran a search of the forums and came across someone that had listed poppage results that included a coin noted as "mideastern region" but when I verified the cert number it came up as a central region coin.

So my questions are: Do these really exist and is there an easy way to identify them as different from the other regional issues?

Comments

• Options
    firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    never heard of that region either...
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • Options
    Mideastern is what the Standard Catalog calls the Central Region.

Each of the regions had its own color.

East - Gold
    South - Purple
    Central - Blue
    West - Red

Each of the four regions had 8 of the same and 8 unique player combinations. You just need to look at the unique ones to see its color and see what checklist it's on in the catalog. Well, that's what I did when I was trying to send some in for grading to PSA.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    That helps a ton, thanks. Apparently, what the Standard Catalog also calls the "Midwestern Region" PSA knows as South Region.

I guess now I can stop looking for things that don't exist!!!!