Home Precious Metals

I'm just visiting here...

... to be around people that aren't inclined to jump off a building today.

Comments

• mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    Welcome. Grab a cup of coffee, sit back and relax...life is good.

imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • richardshipprichardshipp Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭
    I'm actually bullion poor right now. I'd told myself for some time if silver hit 20 I was selling.... and I did, when it did image

That said though, I only wish I'd of jumped back in last week. I did go up to the shop I frequent and they didn't have any available at the time image
  • That's been a common theme here too. Everyone wants to buy, but everything, if available at all, has been way over spot.
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • holeinone1972holeinone1972 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That's been a common theme here too. Everyone wants to buy, but everything, if available at all, has been way over spot. >>

well what was over spot 3 days ago is now spot or above. image
  • SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>That's been a common theme here too. Everyone wants to buy, but everything, if available at all, has been way over spot. >>

well what was over spot 3 days ago is now spot or above. image >>

And yet still the big Margins over spot
  • PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image and enjoy the information here
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• << <i>

<< <i>

well what was over spot 3 days ago is now spot or above. image >>

And yet still the big Margins over spot >>

Simple reason for that.

The big wholesale houses are not selling into these prices.

The word I have is silver will have to get back to $18 to $18.50 before they will open the vaults.

In the meantime, they have laid off employees and are just waiting it out. What's out there has come from weak hands and it's just a trickle.

With only 5% or less of silver being available for investment, there really wasn't much to begin with. The wholesalers are in for the prices we had at that last spike as they are constantly moving inventory. They don't have anything they paid $6.50 for, or even $14 for that matter.

$18 or very close is the key and the end of the massive premums along with available investor silver again.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff