Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Post Card Sets Issue

Does anyone but me feel that including the perforated and hand cut cards both makes these sets silly to complete on the registry?

I wanted to start a 61 Post set and have alot of the Pirates already but after seeing I had to have 2 copies of every card I decided against it. Why not have the set be 3 different ways.

Set 1- All Hand Cut
Set 2- All Perforated
Set 3- You can use perforated or hand cut cards but the hand cuts get a 20% premium.

Any other collectors feel the same way?
Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set

Comments

• Options
    I thought some of the cards were mail-in-offer only, meaning never on a box. What are those considered, or am I wrong?
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Those would be perforated only. There could be a master set with all available cards but hand cut gets a premium over perforated if available. I just can't stand collecting 2 of the same exact card for no reason other than to fill a slot in a set. I have the same issue with tab vs. tabless 58 Hires.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    so perforated = mail in offer
    and
    hand cut = came off a cereal box

?

Is that correct?