Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Matte Proof Lincoln's for the week of 9-17

Thirteen again this week with a new 1910 on the BST board and a raw 1912 on Ebay. Next week, 9 of these 13 will have been sold! Has the price increases of the past brought out the last of those unwanted MPL’s for a quick sell? And now nothing? Is that possible? What is a Matte Head to do????

Till next week.

WS

1909 VDB
N/A

1909 ICG PR 64 BRN (SOLD)
Heritage Long Beach 9/21

1910 PCGS PR 63 R&B $1050
Contact GreenCopper on BST
1910 PCGS PR 64 BRN $1795
http://kaminskicoin.com/copper.htm
1910 ANACS PR 64 BRN BIN $985 (SOLD)
EBAY Store # 140222357394 closes 9/23
1910 NGC PR 67 RED $15,000
Goldberg pre Long Beach

1911 PCGS PR 63 RED
Goldberg pre Long Beach

1912 PP RAW
Ebay # 220282511242 closes 9/23
1912 PR 64 RED w/CAC being auction as part of a whole 1912 Proof Set
Heritage ends 10/25
1912 NGC PR 65 BRN $2600
Aspen Park Rare Coins
1912 ICG PR 60 (cleaned)
Heritage Long Beach Auction 9/21

1913 NGC PR 67 RED
Goldberg pre Long Beach
1913 PCGS PR 65 R&B (CAC)
Heritage Long Beach 9/21

N/A

N/A

1916 NGC PR 64 R&B (SOLD)
Heritage Long Beach 9/21
Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.

Comments

• ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine doing that list for Morgan Dollars image
  • lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    thanks as always...i'm still hoping some members contact me (my pm is on) to plot on you watersport and do something for x-mas in attribute for what you do here

now for one missed on the list...look at what brian popped up on his site yesterday...one of the sweetest 13's i've seen as that hair color is stunning...this is for sale...1913 pr65r/b...$2.75k
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• MarkJudeMarkJude Posts: 355 ✭✭✭
    There does seem to be a real shortage of coins right now -

I don't believe the market has cooled as evidenced by the prices realized for Duane's coins, maybe the fact is that these coins are truly rare and that the excess inventory has been depleted.

Any other thoughts?

Mark
    I'm here to learn a little something...
    Mark's Mattes
    Mark's Cameo SMS Set
    Mark's Non-Cameo SMS Set
  • WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that there are those who had the coins but were not necessarily enthralled with them and put up a bunch for sale when they heard of the price increases. I say this because when I was just trying to find one to buy 2 years ago, you would be lucky to find one in a month’s search, thus the reason for the weekly list to be established. Folks have now sold them to a growing interest group ( i.e., us Matte Heads) and the interest of the Registry has doubled the number of collectors than when I listed my first MPL in Feb of 06 and started at the bottom at number 19. Now there are 37 Matte Heads.

Maybe someone could count the number across the street, But we all know a lot more of other TPG Mattes, plus the raw ones, have gone into PCGS plastic of late.

Two barometer test will be the number of Raw and other TPG MPL’s that show up on the bay, plus the number of MPL’s that are listed for the up coming winter auctions/shows. If the list remains short through the Jan FUN show, then I would concur with the statement that the well is dry. If the economy still sucks, and coin prices begin to tank, and you still see few MPL’s coming to market, then we will see what Steve has spoken about all along, the true scarcity of the little buggers.

JMHO
    WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    most across the street are here too...most names look familar...i did a special ops last month and lookedimage

could stooge be buying these on usimage

sad thing is...not one pm about plotting on you for x-mas watersportimage

like many of you elder matteheads say about availability...

the past was bad (really bad)...times have been good (prices brought them out)...but the future can shut down showing the stock market a thing or 2 about crashing

green copper placed a removed on his 1910image
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<If the economy still sucks, and coin prices begin to tank, and you still see few MPL’s coming to market, then we will see what Steve has spoken about all along, the true scarcity of the little buggers.>>

It all really depends on who owns what. Economy sucking doesn't really mean coins will come out. It's really like the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer. All the rich folks will hang onto their PQ stuff as a safe haven for their copious amounts of money. All the poor people will sell what they have to pay the bills. Prices for common stuff will fall. Prices for high-end stuff will climb. In the end, if you look, that's the only real effect economic hardship has had on the coin market.

As for Mattes in general, I think we'll see much of the same. A few non-committed owners with little or nothing in them will sell their stuff to make ends meet. Most of the "heads" will hang onto their mid to high-end stuff because they love it, and the rarities will stay put unless their owners quit or drop dead.
  • Legend has a 1911 PR65RD for sale and a couple others that are on hold.
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    DAMNIT!!! 1C 1911 PCGS PR64RB - ON HOLD!

How come I didnt know about this one!?!?!?!
  • ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    Update: image