Home Sports Talk
Options

WOW. I just made a MAJOR trade....

perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
Love it or laugh at it, Im curious what you fellas think....

I TRADED.. P. Manning, Kevin Smith, Reggie Wayne for McNabb, Turner the Burner, Steve Smith ( Panthers )

Comments

• Options
    You're brave.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    McNadd??

Doug Williams wasn't available?

Mcnabb is playing well. Question is, for how long and when does he get hurt...........again?
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Getting Smith now means you don't endure the 2 weeks of zippo like most owners did. I think Manning is more durable less of a question mark for the season but if both are healthy its a wash. Same for Smith and Wayne. So if Turner plays better than Smith you win (likely scenerio) however if McNabb gets hurt you come up snakeyes.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options

<< <i>McNadd??

Doug Williams wasn't available?

Mcnabb is playing well. Question is, for how long and when does he get hurt...........again? >>

Oh HI MATT image

Actually Im thinking he will ( OK Hoping he will ) have the year he is due for- 30 TD's and 4K+ yards, I thought he looked good last night and he has a big play threat in D.Jax providing he gets his head out of his rump. I like Turner to post some great #'s this year as well.
  • Options

<< <i>Getting Smith now means you don't endure the 2 weeks of zippo like most owners did. I think Manning is more durable less of a question mark for the season but if both are healthy its a wash. Same for Smith and Wayne. So if Turner plays better than Smith you win (likely scenerio) however if McNabb gets hurt you come up snakeyes. >>

My thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it. Manning has struggled a bit early and if McNabb stays healthy, he can better Manning's numbers, fantasy-wise. Turner has a huge upside and he is the featured back on a team with a rookie QB so he will get lots of carries. Both he and Smith play for bad teams but Turner is a better option than Smith, IMO. Steve Smith is a bit of a question mark. His production and stats have tailed off a bit the last two seasons, but he has talent and a healthy Delhomme (which he hasn't had over that span) so he may put up better numbers this season. Wayne is still a better play there, though. Time will tell, but it's a very intriguing trade.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    The trade appears to be pretty much a wash with more potential downside than upside.

Before I get crucified, keep in mind that Manning plays every game. McNabb, although looking great, has been injured each of the last 3 seasons missing a total of 15 games.

The positive is that you get away from the tandem of Manning/Wayne which, while paying huge dividens when they hook up (double points), kills in head-to-head match-ups when they get shut down.

Smith versus Turner remains to be seen, but I wouldn't bank a ton of stock on either one albeit, Turner had a great first week. Let's see what happens when the Falcons opponents decide to put 8 in the box and force Ryan to beat them through the air.

Given the choice, I'd take Manning over McNabb, and Wayne over Smith. Smith and Turner are a coin flip.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Love it or laugh at it, Im curious what you fellas think....

I TRADED.. P. Manning, Kevin Smith, Reggie Wayne for McNabb, Turner the Burner, Steve Smith ( Panthers ) >>

i like it, its a risk but i think manning isn't 100% healthy, it may take some time, and the 3 guys you got look good. i think smith will be hugh when he comes back to prove something.

good luck with it.
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Love it or laugh at it, Im curious what you fellas think....

I TRADED.. P. Manning, Kevin Smith, Reggie Wayne for McNabb, Turner the Burner, Steve Smith ( Panthers ) >>

exceptionally good deal considering Im thinking Peyton doesn't finish the season active.
  • Options
    How's the Manning for McNabb deal workin for ya man? (serious statement, no sarcasm.......seriously)

Who's your backup?
  • Options
    That is a late trade deadline

Edited to add, didnt check the date of the Original post
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    Well, at least trading Smith for Turner worked out, LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    wow that was a bad trade. McNad on the shelf, and Smith waaaay inconsistant. Maybe you know something I don't.

JS
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Actually Turner and Steve Smith are doing better overall than their trade partners. Too bad you did come up snake eyes on McNabb.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    Wow! Im suprised you guys remembered this thread!

All is good, I got rid of McNabb on Oct. 14th, I traded him and Ocho Stinko for Warner and Royal ( Bronco's) And actually got rid of Steve Smith for Slaton & Desean Jackson.

Turner "The Burner" has been great!
  • Options

<< <i>
    All is good, I got rid of McNabb on Oct. 14th, I traded him and Ocho Stinko for Warner and Royal ( Bronco's) ! >>

WOW, that's a great trade. Congrats on not holding too long.
  • Options
    All is good, I got rid of McNabb on Oct. 14th, I traded him and Ocho Stinko for Warner and Royal ( Bronco's) And actually got rid of Steve Smith for Slaton & Desean Jackson.

Wow, I'd say you made out like a bandit with those trades!!

• Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    wow, Perk...nice trades....I'd say you made out nicely!
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet parlay Perk.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Thanks guys, gotta shake and move!! Im fighting for first place BTW!!!!!! image
  • Options
    Perkdog, sorry to interrupt your thread, but my lists don't seem to get the attention or respect they deserve, so I thought I would post them here to see...

My eyes have been opened by our new evaluative methods on this board recently, and I must say with these new evaluative methods that Dave Kingman should be in the Hall of Fame.

After all, he does compare VERY favorably with Honus Wagner in many certain key areas...

TOp Five HR Seasons...
    Kingman 48, 37, 37, 36, 35.
    Wagner..10,10, 9, 7, 7, 6.

Highest Total Bases in a single season...
    Kingman 326
    Wagner..308

Number of times leading the league in HR
    Kingman TWICE
    Wagner ZERO

Highest Slugging PCT. in a season
    Kingman .613
    Wagner .573

Career average in RBI per 162 games
    Kingman 101
    Wagner 100
    Yes, those are REAL runs too!!!!!!

Career average in HR per 162 games
    Kingman 37
    Wagner 6
    HR are the best hit. No need to walk when you can hit that many HR.

Career Home Run Frequency.
    Kingman One HR every 15 at bats
    Wagner ONe HR every 101 at bats

And HR Frequency is not directly expressed in OPS+. Nowhere in the OPS+ forumula do I see HR/ab. So this is just another perspective on one of the newer stats guys like to use(like OPS+). I'm not completely discounting OPS+, but rather showing another person's view on how to look at it.

All Time Record for Most HR in last season, Kingman: 35. I may be wrong on this record, but it sounds right.

The longest HR on record at Wrigley Field
    Kingman: three houses past Waveland.
    Wagner: never crossed Waveland.

TheVon, you seem to be on board with these new stats as well, as is Winpitcher. You guys have to be drooling over the fact that Kingman has a higher number of RBI than Wagner per 162 games for his career. Those are REAL runs too! I feel like part of the group now! This is great.

Yeah, I know they played different positions, but that isn't the point. The point is that Kingman compares very favorably with Wagner in MANY key areas, and even holds some records that Wagner does NOT, and Wagner is a HOFer. Since Kingman compares so favorably in many Key areas with a HOFer, it makes his induction sensible. If you dont belive me, just look at those lists. If you STILL dont belive me, I CAN POST THEM AGAIN FOR YOU!! These are the facts.

PS. In Kingman's stint with the Yankees he had an OPS+ of 208! Had he played his full career there, we are in Ruth Territory. Wagner nver had an OPS+ of 208!!!!

-------------------------
    The element of chance is actually the one thing that most fans don't understand that is responsible for a lot of the things that they truly believe as real.