Home Precious Metals
Options

Silver and Gold and 2009 ASE

so it would seem that silver would be a better path for appreciaion as it would appear to be "easier" to get to $20 than for gold to do $1650

COMEX silver even breached that level, gold was at $1k and change earlier this year.

is silver price being affected (effected? ...i can never remember which one is proper) by a lower demand as an industial metal, now? i think it is a factor to consider. it really got hammered last August.

then to keep on topic.....shouldn't the US mint offer lower pricing for 2009 ASE? when does the us mint set the price for ASE for their select dealers to buy from?

Comments

• Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    is silver price being affected (effected? ...i can never remember which one is proper) by a lower demand as an industial metal, now? i think it is a factor to consider. it really got hammered last August.
    >>

following this will almost always have you correct...

Affect

Affect with an a means "to influence," as in, "The arrows affected Ardvark," or "The rain affected Amy's hairdo." Affect can also mean, roughly, "to act in a way that you don't feel," as in, "She affected an air of superiority."

Effect

Effect with an e has a lot of subtle meanings as a noun, but to me the meaning "a result" seems to be at the core of all the definitions. For example, you can say, "The effect was eye-popping," or "The sound effects were amazing," or "The rain had no effect on Amy's hairdo."
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    then to keep on topic.....shouldn't the US mint offer lower pricing for 2009 ASE? when does the us mint set the price for ASE for their select dealers to buy from?

I believe that the Mint's price for ASEs to it's dealers is set daily at $1.25 over spot.
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards, John
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!