Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

NGC 1882-CC MS66 *

How about this one for a kick (see, I'm not just a 'penny' guy)!

Comments

• Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    oooh you brought it out...nice to see that stunner not hiding
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    Nice '82-CC !!!! <drool> Where did you find that one? I'm assuming the image is somewhat juiced, but if the colors are vibrant abnd the surfaces have "pop" to them, that coin would be quite nice. (And if you ever want to sell it, PM me !!)

Best,
    Sunnywood
  • Options
    Hi, Sunnywood-

Thank you for the kind comments on the Morgan. Are you kidding - I should be bowing to you!! I looked at your Morgan set. Wow!

I love the coin. It's the only Morgan I own. It's one of my favorite toned coins! It's graded NGC 1882 CC MS66 (Star).

I bought it from Rick Tomaska, located in California (www.ricoins.com). Rick deals with some great coins, but primarily coins that are more recently dated. The photo is not really not juiced, believe it or not. The surface is so lustrous, I think that PCGS might give it a PL designation, but I like the star! I paid a premium for it, but did so because the toning is on both sides of the coin, which is unusual. I was told by a more experienced numismatist (Stewart Blay, as it turns out) that he thought the even and monster toning on both sides was a result of the coin being in an envelope for a long time!

BTW, look at the 1912 in my retired matte proof Lincoln set, and and your 1893-S. They have alot in common in terms of the Clapp/Eliasberg pedigree........ (see http://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/alltimeset.aspx?s=43537&ac=1)

Anyway, if I ever want to let it go, I'll give you a call. It would fit in nicely in your set!

Regards,

Duane image
  • Options
    Hi Duane,

I just looked at your MPL set. Wow, that's really awesome. Very similar approach to my toned Morgans - to build a set with high-grade beautiful original toned pieces, rather than just going for the very highest graded pieces. These kinds of sets are tough to build, and they are one-of-a-kind.

Can't wait to see that '82-CC in hand ... it sounds like quite a monster !!!

Best,
    Sunnywood
  • Options
    Hi Sunnywood-

Sorry, I've been behind the loop in the PM/non-PM catagory and staying ahead of my communiques. Yeah, we do share philosophies on our collecting, no matter what the metal!

Thanks for the kind note on my father's set. It was an effort well worth it ... a unique set was built, like yours!

Hope that I can add a nice toner some day!

Take care.

Duane