Home Precious Metals
Options

H.R. 6690 regulate gold at $500/oz

H.R. 6690: Sound Dollar and Economic Stimulus Act of 2008

Rep. Ted Poe. . .

"My bill directs the Federal Reserve to bring the price of gold down to $500/oz and then to keep it there"

"I believe that fixing the value of the dollar now in terms of gold at $500/oz will stop the current inflation without causing deflation."

Ready for The Poe Standard? image

Comments

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was already discussed on another post yesterday. Kitco anal-ist supreme John Nadler thinks this bill has merit and makes sense. Enough said.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options

<< <i>This was already discussed on another post yesterday. Kitco anal-ist supreme John Nadler thinks this bill has merit and makes sense. Enough said.

roadrunner >>

Thank you for info on yesterdays post, sorry for creating a double post image
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    The Fed and their associates really do not need a "law,"
    to get the price back into the $500 range.

"Keeping it there," will likely be more difficult, but doable.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    I read the bill this AM.

Just call me crazy, but it seems to me that simply eliminating the middle-man should do the trick.

Just get rid of the FED Reserve Bank and issue notes directly from the US Treasury.

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

While we're at it, let's legislate the price of gas back down to 25 cents a gallon! image

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    So what will they do? Never buy anymore gold and lock what they have up? This is a global commodity that isn't produced here in quantity just like oil but I'm sure it sounds good on paper! The US no longer controls the world.image