Home Sports Talk
Options

Here's hoping for a Cubs-White Sox World Series

And a Cubs victory. The 1906 Cubs would undoubtedly be considered the greatest team of all time if not for their WS loss to the White Sox. 116-36, then they drop the WS to the "hitless wonders".

Comments

• Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The 1906 Cubs would undoubtedly be considered the greatest team of all time if not for their WS loss to the White Sox. 116-36, then they drop the WS to the "hitless wonders". >>

I agree.

Sincerely,

The 2007 New England Patriots.
  • Options
    let the Cubs suffer and the pale Ho's just won a couple of years back.

new blood!
  • Options
    Still hoping.
  • Options
    keep dreamin' lol
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    I can't believe I'am saying this but I hope the Sox win tonight. It would be great to see both Chicago teams get in the Playoffs. It's been a little while since that last happened. image
  • Options
    jaxxrjaxxr Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    Let's hope it's just like 1906 !!!

imageimageimageimageimage
    This aint no party,... this aint no disco,.. this aint no fooling around.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The 1906 Cubs would undoubtedly be considered the greatest team of all time if not for their WS loss to the White Sox. 116-36, then they drop the WS to the "hitless wonders". >>

I agree.

Sincerely,

The 2007 New England Patriots. >>

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    Best Regards,

Rob

"Those guys weren't Fathers they were...Mothers."

• Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Not sure I could handle a Cubs/Sox World Series. I come from a large family and its about 50-50 Sox-Cubs diehard fans. I am the only one who roots for both of them. 50 years of pulling for both of them has taken its toll over the years as both of them have crushed hopes. image If it would happen I guess I would be secretly cheering for the Cubs to win since its been forever but don't tell anyone in my family. image
  • Options
    Here's hoping someone will turn the lights out now that the Chi teams have left the building.

Now the best matchup would be the Manny fueled Dodgers vs. the BoSox. That would be fun to watch, and I hope the Sox bury them.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Dear Chicago Cubs Fans,

I'm happy you had the best record in the NL this year and had a great year, but you will not advance beyond your current series. We would love to see your team win a World Series, but it can't be at our expense as it's been 20 years since we have done anything too.

Yours truly,

Los Angeles Dodgers

• Options
    oxy8890oxy8890 Posts: 1,416
    Keep hopingimage
    Best Regards,

Rob

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This now has about as much chance as a Philadelphia Phillies - Philadelphia A's World Series. image
  • Options
    oxy8890oxy8890 Posts: 1,416

<< <i>This now has about as much chance as a Philadelphia Phillies - Philadelphia A's World Series. image >>

Best Regards,

Rob

• Options

<< <i>This now has about as much chance as a Philadelphia Phillies - Philadelphia A's World Series. image >>

That's the only series Philadelphia would have a chance of winning image
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i><< This now has about as much chance as a Philadelphia Phillies - Philadelphia A's World Series. >>

That's the only series Philadelphia would have a chance of winning >>

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

That's the only series Philadelphia would have a chance of winning image >>

That is not funny. image
  • Options
    funny how things work out and don't go according to hype....woooooops