Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

OMG, those two guys with the fake T206 Wagner are on ESPN!

Remember those guys? They're on EPSN's Outside the Lines. They have that reprint T206 that they left in a meat smoker for a week, spent all that money running around, blowing hot air.....convinced it's real.......
I thought this story was history 3 years ago!

Ding-dongs with a reprint (which you can tell by seeing it on TV) think racism plays a factor in them not "cashing in".
Uhhhhh how bout stupidity?

Comments

• Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    I saw it..it even LOOKS FAKE....and UGLY...if I got enough dough to spend 300k on a wagner....i prolly have enough dough to spend 1.6 million and get the Gretsky psa 8.
  • Options
    mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    From my hometownimage

1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
  • Options
    the video feed sure makes it clear that its a fake......was tougher to tell from the newspaper picture....
  • Options
    They say they are out to get them.

They should ask themselves this question "Wouldn't any dealer want on his resume that he's sold a Wagner?"
    Maybe the dealers know it's not real.
    Buying 1957 Baseball PSA 8 or higher. Especially Checklists, and Contest Cards. Topps1957psa8set@aol.com
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>They say they are out to get them. >>

Yeah, it is a hobby-wide conspiracy to deprive them. Every dealer and grading company in the land has conspired to keep them down and fleece them for their card.

Amazing that they haven't had a single reputable person stand up and side with them or escalate their cause.

Gee, I wonder why.

Maybe when they run out of people to blame, they'll figure it out.
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    censored for talking about bh obama.
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    I wish media outlets would just ignore them already. People who aren't in the hobby might even believe them. It's a joke.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    If anyone can get their phone number I would appreciate it.

They might be interested in a trade for a Van Gogh painting I just found in my poor old Grandmother's attic.

My appraiser buddy in Detroit said it's the real thing
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    I was at the bookstore and saw the book "The Card" and began looking through it. Those two even made that book!!