Home Precious Metals
Options

I'd Buy silver.... Lots of it.

In my opinion, the current silver price is a joke. A full ounce of silver for under $11? That is cheaper than a meal at Panera Bread. I'm a buyer. (Full disclosure, I got creamed on PNRA today, so it might not be smart to listen to meimage ).

Comments

• Options
    konsolekonsole Posts: 788 ✭✭✭
    i'd but if I had money
  • Options

<< <i>In my opinion, the current silver price is a joke. A full ounce of silver for under $11? That is cheaper than a meal at Panera Bread. I'm a buyer. (Full disclosure, I got creamed on PNRA today, so it might not be smart to listen to meimage ). >>

I don't think you can buy any silver under $11. If so, can you tell me where?
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always been a big fan of Panera's pumpkin muffins.image

Sell the stock, buy the silver (and the muffins). Throw in a coffee, and you're good-to-go.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't think you can buy any silver under $11. If so, can you tell me where? >>

I've got sterling silver rounds and ingots for sale at melt.... so there less than 11 silver
  • Options
    Isn't sterling .925 silver ? I'll buy a couple of .999 rounds or ingots for melt. PM me

edited for spelling
    Molon Labe
  • Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Isn't sterling .925 silver ? I'll buy a couple of .999 rounds or ingots for melt. PM me >>

sterling is .925, the rounds and ingots are all different weights but are figured at Actual Silver weight (ASW)
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>In my opinion, the current silver price is a joke. A full ounce of silver for under $11? That is cheaper than a meal at Panera Bread. I'm a buyer. (Full disclosure, I got creamed on PNRA today, so it might not be smart to listen to meimage ). >>

I don't think you can buy any silver under $11. If so, can you tell me where? >>

Good point.
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    patince folks.
    if you want silver at 11 an ounce be prepared to buy a lot of it.
    how does 1000 ounces sound?

otherwise do not get yourself into a frenzy and pay up the nose
    in current conditions. squirrel away the money and take another
    look in a month.

you want to buy the metal when no one wants it.. not when everyone
    is fighting over it.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you want to buy the metal when no one wants it.. not when everyone is fighting over it.

If the economic law of supply & demand actually works, then nobody wants it now because the price is so low. If everyone is fighting over it, the price should be UP, not down.

So, either supply & demand works - or it doesn't. Which is it?

The only other possibility - there is manipulation in the marketplace caused by paper shorts (who may or may not own any physical silver).

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    i think we have a ton of small time speculators, me included, that
    want small lots. this is what we are fighting over.

as you well know, 1000 oz bars go begging on major bullion dealer
    websites. no one is fighting over those.. yet from what i see they
    have the best chance of making money if silver goes up a buck due
    to the low low price over spot.

everything being mentioned lately, except for a few good buys,
    require silver to go up a few bucks just to make a few cents or
    break even.

i am thinking we have a lot of irrational thinking going on right now.

supply and demand is working fine for the normal large purchasers
    of silver.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    got burned on PNRA this week too image But, I've been in it for several years now, got in around $8/share imageimageimageimage so the burn doesn't hurt quite as bad as it otherwise would.

been buying a little silver here and there as well. mostly 90% coins. average price is a little over spot since there doesn't seem to be much out there at spot or lower... everyone seems to be holding tight and not willing to realize a loss.