Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Does PCGS still offer "complete set naming"?

I seem to recall back in 2002 that PCGS had a deal where if you had a registered set that was 95% or more complete that you could send it in for re-slabbing and get the whole set named. Sort of like "Jack Lee" except no prestige value whatsoever.

Do they still offer that? If so, what is the cost? Just $10/coin as per usual re-slabbing?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    pedigree i think is limited to top 5 sets onlyimage
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options

<< <i>pedigree i think is limited to top 5 sets onlyimage >>

I believe the set must also be 100% complete now, but may be wrong.
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct, 100% complete and in the top 5.
    WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    "If you participate in the PCGS Set Registry program your set may qualify for the free pedigree service. The free pedigree service policy is as follows:

* The set must be 100% complete.
    * The set must be in the top 5 in the Registry.
    * PCGS does not pedigree modern Mint and Proof sets (1965-present) or Low Ball sets.
    * Sets with less than 10 coins may be pedigreed if warranted. The decision will be that of PCGS experts.
    * The Registry member is responsible for shipping and handling costs.
    * The fee for pedigrees for upgrades to your set submitted after the initial pedigree is $10 a coin. PCGS will not pedigree duplicate coins. You must submit both the upgraded coin and the coin it will be replacing. The coin that will no longer remain in your set will be reholdered without the pedigree and returned to you along with the newly pedigreed coin. Your set must remain 100% complete and in the top five to qualify."
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson