Home Sports Talk

Disc Golf

StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
Any one here play this. My wife and I started playing over the last couple of months and really have had fun doing this. There is a course not far from us that we go play at. I have played regular frisbee since I was a kid, but learning how to throw these disc golf frisbees is a lot tougher.

Comments

• DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭
    Frolf?
    George Costanza plays.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Any one here play this. My wife and I started playing over the last couple of months and really have had fun doing this. There is a course not far from us that we go play at. I have played regular frisbee since I was a kid, but learning how to throw these disc golf frisbees is a lot tougher. >>

hey stingray!!!!!!!!

odd, walking through a local park a while ago game across a "course" that I never knew was there, in the woods...see those odd "pins" and thought... WTF is that?!?!?!?
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    My wife and I played years ago (13 or so) at a County park that had a campground and a disc course and just used regular frisbees, did not know anything about the smaller discs, but now we both have are own sets and bags to carry them and it is a way to get some exercise and spend some time together during our busy week.
  • I've always wanted to try frolf
    --->imageimageimageimage<---
  • We have them around here. I suck but my brother is real good at it. He can make that disc curve around a tree to hit the chains. I can make the disc curve around the tree and go into the Arkansas river.

Edit to add: Since I am in Kansas, the Arkansas River is called the "Are-Kansas." So read it in your heads correct dang it.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Me and my kids play all the time - they love it. I suck at it
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind". - Gandhi
  • BUMP ancient thread because...

I LOVE disc Golf!!! It is pretty big here in Dayton Ohio. Prob 30 courses within 30 minutes. Ive been playing almost 20 years. This is a picture of me with 4 time world champion Paul McBeth.