Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

PSA9 Arabian Nights

Dear all,
I'm new on this board and I'm an Italian collector that started to collect PSA9 or PSA10 Arabian Nights (include A&B common variants) just few months ago so here down some questions from a noob collector like me:
    Does anyone know which is a good price for PSA9 Ebony Horse, Cyclone & Sindbad due to the fact that there is only 1 PSA10 for each of these cards?
    How are usually manage card with particular error like the "dot white" Desert? I've a perfect Ali from Cairo without the white dot on the right border that I've seen on hundreds of Ali...
Btw of someone wanna trade with me some pieces he's welcome!

P.s.: sorry for my English
My work in progress:
40 Dual Lands A/B: 73 % :wink:
40 Foil Japanese Fetches: 15 % :cry:
PSA Arabian Night Registry Set: 40% GPA 9.2 :frown:
Sedge Troll Global Set :eek:

Comments

• Options
    Glad to have another European on board! Although being in the UK, I'm not really part of Europe. image

PSA 9 Ebony's horses are pretty common - the main reason there is only one PSA 10 is that centering on that card is very poor. So even if you have a totally mint card, the chances are the centering will push it down to a PSA 9. There was one listed on ebay for about $15 for a while, so anything more than that is probably expensive. (Others may have a different view!). I'd say the same is probably true of the other cards you mention as well, but I'm not conscious of those two being listed on ebay as recently. The PSA10s would be worth quite a lot more though as a lot of people are desparate to get hold of them for their sets!

I'm not familar with the white dot's you mention, but sometimes PSA will mark those down a grade, even if it's part of the printing process (e.g. There will probably never be a PSA 10 Alpha Mox Sapphire due to the print defect). There are quite a few PSA 10 Desert and Ali's around although they do still sell for quite a premium in PSA 10. My Ali doesn't ve a white dot on the boarder (although the centering is pretty bad!). I'm not sure if that would affect the grade or not as it doesn't totally detract from the visual appeal of the card.

Couldn't find a desert with a white dot on it to work out whether that would affect the grade sadly...

• Options
    OK, OK, OK,
    When did the Non Sports Board become this place where I have no clue what the He!! you all are talking about??????
    I mean come on, Remember our Roots!!!!!
    Where is Mark from England and Brian and the rest of our Dino Collectors...Oh the inhumanity!!!!!
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    Hey Comeback,

Welcome aboard!!! Don't worry about your English - I live in the USA and I can't understand half the English I hear lately image

As for your AN questions, I think Michael was spot on. The Desert comes in 2 varieties, but I don't think PSA even knows that (much like they don't seperate light and dark varieties).

Please continue to post questions and good luck with your set!!! image

Take it easy,
    Jared

PS - if anyone has some extra cards, maybe you could send some to Neil so he can play too (be sure to include an IA Pygmy Allosaurus) image
    "You consider me the young apprentice,
    Caught between the Scylla and Charibdes,
    Hypnotized by you if I should linger,
    Staring at the ring around your finger" - Sting

Ray Thiel (1964-2007) - the man who showed me more wonderful games & gaming sessions than I ever dreamed possible... you ran out of hit points too young, my friend.
  • Options

<< <i>The Desert comes in 2 varieties, but I don't think PSA even knows that (much like they don't seperate light and dark varieties) >>

Surely they'r not highlighting this error but also if they don't represent perfection IMHO they'r collector rarities

<< <i>I'm not familar with the white dot's you mention, but sometimes PSA will mark those down a grade, even if it's part of the printing process >>

Here down the picture of both PSA Desert and Ali From Cario with & without white dots. From my personal experience the rarity of the "White Dot" Desert is about 1/25 but I've heard also 1/200 (IMHO really too much) while about Ali I've seen in all my life only around twenty Ali, all with the "White Dot" except one of mine and the TMMose's one.

Ali From Cairo
    Desert
    My work in progress:
  • Options
    Aren't there effectively two printings of Arabian Nights? Although there are 14 cards where the difference is obvious, I would assume all the other cards actually have two printings as well (it just so happens that they look the same in both!). I guess the Ali and Desert with the white dots go with one set of printings and the one's without the white dots go with the others. So the rarity would probably match the print runs of each set.

I think whoever first gave the set list of to PSA didn't split out the variations (I wish they had as I think of the 14 variations as separate cards). Simiarily I'd be in favour of listing the basic lands separately in each set.

As Thulnath says, at the moment PSA would treat them all as the same card.

The Ali dot obviously doesn't affect the grade given there are quite a few 10s which probably it, similarly the Desert one is fairly inconspicuous so wouldn't affect the grade IMHO. These dots are so insignificant I don't think most people think of them as being unique cards to collect (although I'm tempted now I know about them!)
  • Options

<< <i>When did the Non Sports Board become this place where I have no clue what the He!! you all are talking about?????? >>

Flibberty-flob flib. Flib flib starter arabian beta. Jibberty jib jib? Ding dib dob ... dinosaurs!
  • Options
    Yeah... what he said!!! image

Ray Thiel (1964-2007) - the man who showed me more wonderful games & gaming sessions than I ever dreamed possible... you ran out of hit points too young, my friend.
  • Options
    Just a question, what could be the value of bulk common PSA9 or PSA10 Arabian Nights cards like Nafs Asp, Bird Maiden or other? Is it correct to assume a fix prices of at least 10 usd in order to cover the PSA gradue process cost?

Thanks!
    My work in progress:
  • Options
    On ebay, for PSA 9, you might be lucky to get your grading fees back, depending on who is interested at the time. I normally list that kind of stuff at 4.99 and hope someone bids the minimum if they actually want it. You could try starting at 9.99, but you might not get any interested.

For PSA 10, you can probably get more than $10 - I would list it at a higher starting price (e.g. 19.99 and see what happens). I'd certainly pay more than $10 for a PSA 10 common that I needed for my set.
  • Options

<< <i>On ebay, for PSA 9, you might be lucky to get your grading fees back, depending on who is interested at the time. I normally list that kind of stuff at 4.99 and hope someone bids the minimum if they actually want it. You could try starting at 9.99, but you might not get any interested. >>

Not about ebay business, my question is just to know what's the value of a bulk PSA9 common so if I wanna identify a general price for all the commons I can just multiply them for the general price.
    I mean actually I've no common so I wanna know what's a nice but no lucky price for 10 of them with the goal to save time, s&h cost but not buy at a senseless cost.

Thanks
    My work in progress:
  • Options
    Hey Comeback,

Bulk MtG PSA 9 commons tend to not even be worth grading fees, unless they're really low pop or from Alpha. I usually sell mine directly to interested people for $2-3 USD each (to avoid fees), or simply crack them out for my raw sets/playstock. The only way it really pays to grade them is if you get a 10 or it is a better common (lightning bolt, sinkhole, etc). As Michael said, you could get lucky on eBay, but it isn't the rule. This market is so thin that it is really hard to establish a general price on bulk cards - they swing greatly depending on who's looking at the time. Hope this helps image

Take it easy,
    Jared

• Options
    Hi to all, I'm here again just to show u all my last Xmas present that rapresent a must in AN collection!

Sorry for the size of the image but I'm not able to reduce it.
    My work in progress:
  • Options
    Very nice - congrats image

Take it easy,
    Jared