Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Traded cards should be included in Basic Topps sets

I have a couple "Basic Topps" sets, including Pujols and Ripken. I think that the Topps Traded cards should be in the Basic Topps sets. For these guys, the Topps Traded is their rookie and the most significant Topps cards they have. Anyone else agree? Does anyone know how to make this recommendation to PSA?

Comments

• jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    As much as I wish the same thing for my Ripken TT, it'll never happen. The Traded sets are a sub-set. Basics are Basics.
  • SheamasterSheamaster Posts: 542 ✭✭✭
    I guess I would consider the traded sets as more of an extension of the base set as opposed to a subset.

• << <i>I guess I would consider the traded sets as more of an extension of the base set as opposed to a subset. >>

I can agree with that.
  • SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    Traded cards might indeed be part of subsets of the manufacturer, but as far as a player set is concerned, his Traded card is oftentimes his key card!

Hence my vote for adding them to the Basic Sets.

Nick
  • SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I guess I would consider the traded sets as more of an extension of the base set as opposed to a subset. >>

Technically, the only Topps Traded set that could possibly be considered an "extension" of the basic set, is the 1981 Traded set. It's the only one that continues the same numbering from the basic set (it's numbered 727-858). All the other Topps Traded sets are numbered 1T - 132T.

Steve
  • They should be included in the basic sets or removed from the team sets.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • estangestang Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭
    I agree that traded or update sets are part of the regular set & should be in the "basic" player registry and not "master" if that is the question.
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • kwtozkwtoz Posts: 352 ✭✭
    Hi...

Why not request a "Pujols Topps Regular and Traded" set? It will take a while, as the request lists are very long. Still, those who don't want the traded cards listed willl be happy, and those who do will be happy.
    Kevin Thomas