Home Precious Metals

Precious Metals Talk thread.......and the Emperors have no silver!

Is this benign enough?

If so, ............

You know silver and gold may not be being manipulated, but they are being something..._____ipulated.

How come stores of value are being eroded so easily?

Maybe they aren't precious after all--and then there would be no point.........................
And I ain't lying this time.

Comments

• roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Stores of paper" silver are what is being manipulated and bought/sold so easily. Physical silver is a different story. Paper silver can be run up or down since no physical silver needs to be delivered. It's like trading IOU's with your friends as long as no one actually asks to collect. Just keep letting them ride and ride...and ride.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,634 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Precious metals are precious, and they are metals. I think that it's safe to say that.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • bumanchubumanchu Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭

Paper does indeed appear to be more "precious" to the masses.

However, one must know the direction that the market is being "taken" in order to overcome the built-in premiums of the ETF's...
    And I ain't lying this time.
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Precious metals are precious, and they are metals. I think that it's safe to say that. >>

Okay!

(think Geico commercial)

So, let me get this straight. Precious metals are precious...how existential. Precious...metals.....acting.....precious.

Metals.....acting......metally.

Great! I got it!

Renimage
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,634 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren, this whole thread-nuking thing reminds me of an article I read in the WSJ around 1982 about the use of one-syllable words. The reporter wrote the whole article using single syllable words - it was about a nerdy group who only used one-syllable words in all of their correspondence.

It was alot like talking about precious metals without any references to the e-word or the p-word. After awhile, the rhythm becomes intoxicating and your brain becomes numb. It's ok. Really.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Metal good, paper bad...