Home Sports Talk
Options

The OFFICIAL Dallas Cowboys Run To Super Bowl 6 !!!

It begins this afternoon !!

We got caught up in the Giants FLUKE run last year thru the playoffs but that will NOT happen this year

Romo wins the MVP this year and the C-Boys win trophy # 6

Dave

Comments

• Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    I agree image

and i put a small bet on the eagles to win today so if i lose the money its money well spent!
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Dallas Cowboys have a decent football team but too bad, so sad, for them that they cannot be in this season's Super Bowl because NFL rules state that only one team from the NFC can be in the Super Bowl and this season that team will be the Philadelphia Eagles.
  • Options
    The Dallas Cowboys have a decent football team but too bad, so sad, for them that they cannot be in this season's Super Bowl because NFL rules state that only one team from the NFC can be in the Super Bowl and this season that team will be the Philadelphia Eagles.

Can you see Kolb leading that team to the SB ? I can't , because we all know Mcnabb can't make it past week 5 anymore
  • Options
    E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!!!

Jerry Jones is the Incubus.

Tony will not make it through the season unscathed. Look for him to miss at least four games due to injury.

Romo fumbles the snap! Romo fumbles the snap!

That's my quarterback man. sniff, sniff

• Options
    BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭
    Question: What teams have NEVER won a Superbowl Championship?

ANSWER:
    Buffalo Bills, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, San Diego Chargers, PHILADELPHIA EAGLES, Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, New Orleans Saints, Arizona Cardinals, and the Seattle Seahawks

GO COWBOYS!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Question: What teams have NEVER won a Superbowl Championship?

ANSWER:
    Buffalo Bills, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, San Diego Chargers, PHILADELPHIA EAGLES, Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, New Orleans Saints, Arizona Cardinals, and the Seattle Seahawks

GO COWBOYS!!! >>

How `bout them Eagles... Quack... Quack...

GO COWBOYS!!!
    Collecting Dallas Cowboys Rookies and Team Sets 1960-1989
  • Options

<< <i>It's quite ironic that Eagle fans would predict an injury to Romo when their QB can't finish a season to save his life at this point. Look for the Cowboys to be in the NFC title game, while the Eagles will struggle to win 9 games. >>

The self appointed Prince of Carlton Avenue, Modesto CA shows his face again?

You'll be gone soon Mini-Lover.
  • Options

ANSWER:

GO COWBOYS!!! >>

The Super Bowl is just the NFL championship renamed - The Eagles have won 3, count 'em 3, NFL championships. Always makes me laugh when some baseball fans, brag about their MLB championships dating back to the early part of last century, but they do not acknowledge NFL championships before the Super Bowl - that's revisionist history. You tell Steve Van Buren he didn't win a championship, you tell Chuck Bednarik he didn't win a championship...go ahead and tell all NFL players that their championships won prior to the "Super Bowl" weren't as relevant as a "Super Bowl."
  • Options

<< <i>

ANSWER:

GO COWBOYS!!! >>

The Super Bowl is just the NFL championship renamed - The Eagles have won 3, count 'em 3, NFL championships. Always makes me laugh when some baseball fans, brag about their MLB championships dating back to the early part of last century, but they do not acknowledge NFL championships before the Super Bowl - that's revisionist history. You tell Steve Van Buren he didn't win a championship, you tell Chuck Bednarik he didn't win a championship...go ahead and tell all NFL players that their championships won prior to the "Super Bowl" weren't as relevant as a "Super Bowl." >>

Being someone who truly values and appreciates the history of the sport, I would never discredit the accomplishments of the greats like Bednarik, Van Buren, Pihos, Wistert and others, but Jiminy Christmas... I was minus 11 the last time the Eagles won an NFL Championship! (That would be 48 years ago to be exact!)
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

ANSWER:

GO COWBOYS!!! >>

The Super Bowl is just the NFL championship renamed - The Eagles have won 3, count 'em 3, NFL championships. Always makes me laugh when some baseball fans, brag about their MLB championships dating back to the early part of last century, but they do not acknowledge NFL championships before the Super Bowl - that's revisionist history. You tell Steve Van Buren he didn't win a championship, you tell Chuck Bednarik he didn't win a championship...go ahead and tell all NFL players that their championships won prior to the "Super Bowl" weren't as relevant as a "Super Bowl." >>

Being someone who truly values and appreciates the history of the sport, I would never discredit the accomplishments of the greats like Bednarik, Van Buren, Pihos, Wistert and others, but Jiminy Christmas... I was minus 11 the last time the Eagles won an NFL Championship! (That would be 48 years ago to be exact!) >>

The NFL-AFL merger was really nothing more than an "expansion" of the NFL when all was said and done. MLB has expanded their teams since the 60's, as well as other major sports. The Eagles won the NFL championship of 1960 - I've never heard anyone from Pittsburgh say that their WS win over the Yankees in 1960 wasn't equivalent to their later WS success with the teams with Stargell, Parker, etc. I've never heard Yankees fans say their WS wins of the 50's and earlier weren't important....etc., etc., etc.

Yes, the Eagles not winning a championship since 1960 certainly does suck to me, but nobody is going to "convince me" that the Eagles have never won a ring - simply because it isn't true. Yes, technically your post was correct, no Super Bowl championship for the Eagles, but as stated the Eagles have won 3 NFL championships.

Thanks for the reply! image
  • Options
    Whatever makes you feel better Steve lol

Were the Browns really supposed to put up big numbers against the Cowboys D today ?

Philly your NEXT !!

Dave
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Were the Browns really supposed to put up big numbers against the Cowboys D today ?

>>

The Browns should get better as the season goes on. They have too much talent on the offense not too.

They just ran into a team today that happens to be on a mission to get to Tampa.
  • Options

<< <i>Whatever makes you feel better Steve lol

Philly your NEXT !!

Dave >>

I'm guessing the line will be Dallas minus around 6 to 8 - tough but not insurmountable.
  • Options

<< <i>The NFL-AFL merger was really nothing more than an "expansion" of the NFL when all was said and done. MLB has expanded their teams since the 60's, as well as other major sports. The Eagles won the NFL championship of 1960 - I've never heard anyone from Pittsburgh say that their WS win over the Yankees in 1960 wasn't equivalent to their later WS success with the teams with Stargell, Parker, etc. I've never heard Yankees fans say their WS wins of the 50's and earlier weren't important....etc., etc., etc.

Yes, the Eagles not winning a championship since 1960 certainly does suck to me, but nobody is going to "convince me" that the Eagles have never won a ring - simply because it isn't true. Yes, technically your post was correct, no Super Bowl championship for the Eagles, but as stated the Eagles have won 3 NFL championships.

Thanks for the reply! image >>

I understand exactly....Being a Clevelander I can feel your pain. The Browns went to 10 straight championship games in 40's and 50's...and won it all the last time in 1964. They were great once...but that doesn't mean diddly when were talking the 2008-09 season. Since the talk was the Cowboys not going to the Super Bowl because the Eagles were....I used Super Bowl stats...I do recognize and commend the Eagles for being NFL champions almost 50 years ago though.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The NFL-AFL merger was really nothing more than an "expansion" of the NFL when all was said and done. MLB has expanded their teams since the 60's, as well as other major sports. The Eagles won the NFL championship of 1960 - I've never heard anyone from Pittsburgh say that their WS win over the Yankees in 1960 wasn't equivalent to their later WS success with the teams with Stargell, Parker, etc. I've never heard Yankees fans say their WS wins of the 50's and earlier weren't important....etc., etc., etc.

Thanks for the reply! image >>

I understand exactly....Being a Clevelander I can feel your pain. The Browns went to 10 straight championship games in 40's and 50's...and won it all the last time in 1964. They were great once...but that doesn't mean diddly when were talking the 2008-09 season. Since the talk was the Cowboys not going to the Super Bowl because the Eagles were....I used Super Bowl stats...I do recognize and commend the Eagles for being NFL champions almost 50 years ago though. >>

You're fortunate to have enjoyed Jim Brown on your team who in my opinion is the greatest football player of all time.
  • Options

<< <i>

Philly your NEXT !!

Dave >>

I'm guessing the line will be Dallas minus around 6 to 8 - tough but not insurmountable. >>

It should be a good game. I am already getting "butterflies" thinking about it image

Westbrook scrares me. He is the best player they have.
  • Options
    The Cowboys will get it done this year if everyone stays healthy-at least I'm hoping so. It would be hard to stomach another playoff disappointment. They did look good yesterday image
    Collecting:
    Dallas Cowboys
    SuperBowl MVPs
    Heisman Trophy Winers
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Friday I was doing a run bringing inmates to court and there was a court officer arguing with a few other officers that the Browns were going to beat Dallas this past Sunday- I got in the mix and told him that he couldnt expect many people to agree with him- well this poor guy was talking about how he put in several teases all centered around that game with him taking the Browns as his "KEY" team image

I bet it was a very long monday morning for him.

Too early to tell but the 'Boys and the Eagles looked very good. With Brady out your chances of a Super Bowl win this year just got very realistic.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Philly your NEXT !!

Dave >>

I'm guessing the line will be Dallas minus around 6 to 8 - tough but not insurmountable. >>

It should be a good game. I am already getting "butterflies" thinking about it image

Westbrook scrares me. He is the best player they have. >>

Only the second game of the season and already a huge game coming up. Love it. Bring on dem Cowboys!
  • Options

<< <i>Friday I was doing a run bringing inmates to court and there was a court officer arguing with a few other officers that the Browns were going to beat Dallas this past Sunday- I got in the mix and told him that he couldnt expect many people to agree with him- well this poor guy was talking about how he put in several teases all centered around that game with him taking the Browns as his "KEY" team image

I bet it was a very long monday morning for him.

Too early to tell but the 'Boys and the Eagles looked very good. With Brady out your chances of a Super Bowl win this year just got very realistic. >>

If the Eagles meet the Patriots in the Super Bowl, and the Eagles win the Super Bowl, I'll feel a little disappointed and unfulfilled that the Eagles didn't beat the full Patriots team led by their starting quarterback Tom Brady.

<<< disappointed and unfulfilled >>>

Actually....No image
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cowboys, schmowboys. NFC, schmenFC. Niether one matter.

The 2008 Superbowl was a fluke. The NFC Giants should never had beaten the AFC Patriots. The 2009 Superbowl will see the AFC once again claim the crown (which is the natural order of thingsimage).

The NFC has been Superbowl also rans for most of this decade and going back to the 1998 Superbowl when the AFC Broncos beat the NFC Packers. THE AFC rules baby. The AFC has superior athletes, coaches, fans, announcers, cheerleaders, owners, groundscrews, waterboys, janitors, staduims, hot dogs, nachos, beer, sushi, wifi, etc. THE NFC simply can not compete on or off the field with the AFC.

(Of course we do want to discuss the decade plus streak of wins the NFC had over the AFC in the Superbowl from the early 1980's until the Broncos win in the 1998 Superbowlimage,.........................................
    .....................no, no, no, we do not want to go there,.........................., nothing to see folks, just move along now.....................).
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

ANSWER:

GO COWBOYS!!! >>

I have to agree. If you throw away the Eagles 3 Champoinships, then throw away all those Stanley Cups that Montreal won when the NHL had 12 or less teams.

And those who appreciate the history of the game know that the game that put the NFL "on the map" was the 1959 NFL championship won by Colts.

• Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i> The Dallas Cowboys have a decent football team but too bad, so sad, for them that they cannot be in this season's Super Bowl because NFL rules state that only one team from the NFC can be in the Super Bowl and this season that team will be the Philadelphia Eagles. >>

New season gives new hope. Every fan can dream about winning the championship until reality sets in. Enjoy! lol

I'm just a teamless NFL guy in L.A.
  • Options
    I think Cowboy fans should be expecting a Superbowl win this year, they are my front runners. Romo has turned into a Star. He is key, like many teams without a backup .
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    really shocked by the line set in vegas -7 dallas. i thought -3 being at home 7 is high for this division matchup.
  • Options
    really shocked by the line set in vegas -7 dallas. i thought -3 being at home 7 is high for this division matchup.

Ware crushes Mcnabb , Mcnabb leaves game and we win by double digits
  • Options

<< <i>really shocked by the line set in vegas -7 dallas. i thought -3 being at home 7 is high for this division matchup.

Ware crushes Mcnabb , Mcnabb leaves game and we win by double digits >>

If I told you once I told you a thousand times to stop munching on those toadstools in your backyard which cause hallucinations.
  • Options
    Sorry but theres no excuse for this to fall to page 2

Monday night is right around the corner

I hope Mcnabb's legs are feeling good that night because he's gonna be runnin for his life

• Options
    2 down !

Good game Eagle fans

Who's next on the schedule ? Does it really matter ?

3-0 next week
  • Options
  • Options
    So the train has been derailed a bit but theres still time to get it back on track

It's a long season and it's whos playing the best ball at the end of the season , not now

Brad " check down " Johnson will take care of the ball and hold the fort till Romo returns
  • Options

<< <i>So the train has been derailed a bit but theres still time to get it back on track

It's a long season and it's whos playing the best ball at the end of the season , not now

Brad " check down " Johnson will take care of the ball and hold the fort till Romo returns >>

I think so too Dave. Look what he did in Minn. two times over.

He is older but his experience is what is gonna help him.
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "Boys" are a mess. Parcells was pretty much forced out and in comes a horrible coach who lets the inmates run wild with no disipline what-so-ever . Enjoy the de-railing fellas image Its only gonna get worse image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the Cowboys will be fine, unlike the Pats situation you guys will get Romo back and with Barber and Owens things should shake out OK.
  • Options
    It's highly likely at this point that the Cowboys don't even make the playoffs. They are in big trouble. They don't have a take charge coach any more since Parcells left and they have zero team leaders. A lot of talent but no character nor leadership. Adam Jones is being abused on a weekly basis and you know that teammates and coaches alike are now wondering if the headaches and circus surrounding him are even close to worth it. Their O-Line is in shambles and Marion Barber is being forced to carry way too much of the load. Watch for a season-ending injury for him soon. 9-7 and watching the playoffs on TV.
  • Options
    Cowboys are in a tough division....I think they are screwed. A playoff spot might be their Super Bowl this year.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    WERE BAAAAACK !!