Home U.S. Coin Forum

John Kleeberg

Does anyone know of Dr. John Kleeberg? I have seen his name in several references in some work on counterstamps.

Comments

• He was at the SPPN meeting at the ANA show (or at least I think it was him. I've never met/seen him before, so I can only assume since he was handing out a self-published text by John Kleeberg.)
  • DaveGDaveG Posts: 3,535
    Do you mean the John Kleeberg who's a former ANS curator and leading numismatic reseacher and author?

Perhaps you might wish to consult that marvel of the modern Internet age that we refer to as "Google". image

Check out the Southern Gold Society

• joecopperjoecopper Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭
    daveg

yes

• << <i>Do you mean the John Kleeberg who's a former ANS curator and leading numismatic reseacher and author? >>

• CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Do you mean the John Kleeberg who's a former ANS curator and leading numismatic reseacher and author? >>

In at least one instance I would refer to Mr Kleeberg's 'research' as highly questionable. >>

John digs hard and will welcome any factual errors you can identify.
  • DaveGDaveG Posts: 3,535
    Wow - digging up an almost seven year-old thread to lob a vague accusation!

One gets you ten that we don't hear any more about this.

Check out the Southern Gold Society

• BGBG Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow - digging up an almost seven year-old thread to lob a vague accusation!

One gets you ten that we don't hear any more about this. >>

Right?

Eclectic, you may not be long for this forum.

What's your basis in fact?
  • DaveWcoinsDaveWcoins Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

John digs hard and will welcome any factual errors you can identify. >>

Coinosaurus is right.

John is interested in being correct. If he has made errors of fact, I am sure he would like to hear about it so he can confirm it and make corrections where necessary.

I believe he is now a full time lawyer; I'm not sure how involved he is in numismatic research or numismatics in general these days.

Dave Wnuck. Redbook contributor; long time PNG Member; listed on the PCGS Board of Experts. PM me with your email address to receive my e-newsletter, and visit DaveWcoins.com Find me on eBay at davewcoins

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file