Home Precious Metals
Options

How dumb do they think we are ?

It puzzles me that when somebody sneezes and it sounded like they said the
dollar strengthened 1/10 of .001 % aginst the price of rubbles in India ,
everybody then "dumps" their PMs , because they no longer see a need
for those kinds of investments.At least, that's the excuse we keep getting
everytime silver drops.(We know it's big bank manipulation / shorts) We are told it's because the dollar gained strength.
But just where is this "strength" coming from, and just what kind of cheap,
chinese made "dollar general" eyeglasses are those dumba$$es wearing, that
makes them see anything that resembles "strengthening" .
Let me put it to you like this .
Lets say there is a guy that lives at the end of your street, lets call him Bob. He has a fairly nice
$ 200 k house (only owes another 225k on it), drives a $ 25k car (owes 19k on that), and has 2 kids in college . He makes $ 65k per year.
But, Bob has somehow managed to aquire a staggering 15.9 million dollars in debt.
On top of that, Bobs wife Sue , spends an additional $ 8,000 an hour , 24 hours a day ,
on the home shopping network, buying the latest in footwear, purses, and kitchen utensils.
Things look kind of bad for Bob, in the money dept. He has screwed up beyond repair.
Financially speaking, it's all downhill from this point on. He is not now, nor will he ever be,
making enough money to even begin to reduce his debt. Hell, his money is going down the comode
at terminal velocity.
BUT, something amazing happened last Tuesday, that will no doubt change Bobs entire financial outlook.
You see, Bob found a quarter in the Piggly Wiggly parking lot, (a scuffed up 1984 for those interested.)
I am sure everyone will agree Bob's money worries will be short . His finances just strengthened in much the same way
the U.S. dollar "strengthens" in the headlines every so many days.

Lewis

Comments

• Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    "Strength" in any currency comes about when the banks
    that have those currencies REFUSE to loan them to borrowers.

Following "fundamentals" that say "printing-press money has
    little value," leads folks to vastly overpay for PMs.

In the tale above, ask Bob if he would rather have $300K in cash
    or $300K "worth" of gold.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options

On all three statements. For #1 "Strength" in any currency comes about when the banks

Whelp, who holds the dollar? I will say that if you collapse the economy with NO Loans, you kill the goose that laid the golden egg and the US Treasury to print its own Money and cuts out the central bank - i.e. a Defcon 5 Scenario.

I’m all for a revolution at this point that takes out the Central Banker’s control of our Money.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every ounce of precious metal that I owned yesterday - is still right where it was yesterday.

I watched "Dirty Harry" last night on TV. The relevant point here as to whether you hold gold vs. dollars is:

"Do you feel lucky?" (Note that a 44 Magnum Revolver was pointed at the bad guy when this was said).
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>Lets say there is a guy that lives at the end of your street, lets call him Bob. He has a fairly nice
    $ 200 k house (only owes another 225k on it), drives a $ 25k car (owes 19k on that), and has 2 kids in college . He makes $ 65k per year.
    But, Bob has somehow managed to aquire a staggering 15.9 million dollars in debt.
    On top of that, Bobs wife Sue , spends an additional $ 8,000 an hour , 24 hours a day ,
    on the home shopping network, buying the latest in footwear, purses, and kitchen utensils.
    Things look kind of bad for Bob, in the money dept. He has screwed up beyond repair. >>

I think Bob better leave the country with his mistress and that $15.9 Million.........image
    ......Larry........image
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    if i am day trading paper, then, yeah, a sneeze might make my finger twitch on my mouse. j/k

the dollar is stronger relative to the other currencies, mostly because the ECB raised their interest rates and the USD index is made up over 50% of the Euro....the USD didn't eat a can of spinach.

ps you forgot to mention that Bob used to work for Cisco and would like clockwork cash out some of his stock options to buy a boat, hot-rod or vacation house, maybe that slick SL AMG65 for his mistress image ..... although, during that time his wife WAS still spending $8k an hour image he had to continue this habit with the easy money that created double digit increases in house prices, based soley on...can i afford the initial monthly payment?

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    his money is going down the comode
    at terminal velocity.

Do we know his speed upon impact?image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Strength" in any currency comes about when the banks

While we certainy have that situation today, it is also coupled with the fact that the FED is willing to give a loan at absurdly low rates to almost any bank, broker, or major corporation that comes knocking at the discount window. In that regards I don't see the "strength" that you refer to but merely good buddy bail outs.

When the world is sucking up all the dollars they can buy instead of precious metals as was occurring prior to 2000, then I'll buy into the "strength" argument once again.

roadrunner

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    on this forum?!
  • Options
    DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    In the last six months, the dollar has gone from around 1.60 to 1.44 euros. That is a 10 percent change, NOT insignificant imho. I am not on either side of this issue, but there has been a significant shift over the last months. From my myopic point of view, PMs are a good place to have 3% of your diversified portfolio.
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.