Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Paypal burn you?

My wife bought a cpl items thru Bidz.com and when she received junk trinkets, asked for a refund, the seller balked. She then went to Paypal for a not as described dispute, which Paypal said " ONLY items purchased on Ebay fall under the buyer protecion program" blah blah blah ignoring the Paypal slogan and advertisments " Paypal, the SAFER quicker way to pay"

We joined a class action , and there is still time for you to join I think

Paypal class action suit info
" YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08

Comments

• Options
    ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    TTT for morning crowd
  • Options
    If that's the rules, then you don't have a leg to stand on.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So basically if you buy a coin off the BS&T and pay by PP you are SOL for any kind of protection? Unless of course you pay via credit card?
  • Options
    ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    The Paypal " The SAFEST........ is on many websites and banners, etc. I find it very misleading to say the least. Paypal told us they only confirm delivery, NOT QUALITY or ACCURACY of description on non Ebay items. Once the delivery confirmation says delivered, your on your own. Is that the SAFEST way to pay?

Legal perhaps, misleading? I think so. The court will decide.

• Options
    YaHaYaHa Posts: 4,220
    All I can say is God not bless Paypal and GOd Bless America.image
  • Options
    GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    Since ebay owns paypal I'd expect when they have a choice to give you a reason to use ebay they will do it.
    Ed
  • Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So basically if you buy a coin off the BS&T and pay by PP you are SOL for any kind of protection? Unless of course you pay via credit card? >>

Yes, any transactions that are not ebay items are now not protected. The reason I heard was that paypal was spending too much time investigating and resolving these non ebay claims.
    My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    RINATIONALSRINATIONALS Posts: 171 ✭✭✭
    I have NEVER been a proponent of 'Greedy Trial Lawyers' but I will be the first to celebrate when they cut ole Paypal down to size! By the way, to those of you who continue to tout them rest assured your turn in the barrel is fast approaching.
    buying Rhode Island Nationals please email, PM or call 401-295-3000
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pay Pal employees hundreds of people and I can show you pictures of them at play, for a fee image

PM me for my PayPow™ address. image
  • Options

<< <i>I have NEVER been a proponent of 'Greedy Trial Lawyers' but I will be the first to celebrate when they cut ole Paypal down to size! By the way, to those of you who continue to tout them rest assured your turn in the barrel is fast approaching. >>

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    signed,

~Papa Joe Razzi~

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file