Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

When was the last time.........

you saw a 1909 S VDB for sale foe 25 cents?
"One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making new discoveries" -A.A. Milne

Comments

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    What book was that from and what was the date?
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    way before my time.
  • Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    I've never seen it put this way, but only $4,840 struck. Interesting way of putting it.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    Its from a numismatic guide put out by Arnold Numismatic Co. in 1910. I have been wanting to post a picture of it for some time for you guys. I have rarely pulled it out becuase its almost 100 years old. Almost as old as the Lincoln Cents.
    "One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making new discoveries" -A.A. Milne
  • Options

<< <i>I've never seen it put this way, but only $4,840 struck. Interesting way of putting it.

-Paul >>

That was the first thing I noticed too. Its quite an odd way to put it.
  • Options

Quick Sherman, to the Wayback Machine!

• Options
    Someone must have foreseen the future as to how much these babies will bring in terms of $$$$$image
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    Just yesterday on e-bay.

It was fake though.
  • Options
    Fake does not count!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If one could only go back in time and buy all they could.
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    My 1976 Price Guide has a 1909 S VDB uncirculated for $265.
    I'd pay that any day of the week!
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    Well now since I have posted this little item does anyone have any idea what this type of item might be worth? Not interested in selling but have always thought it had to be worth more than the few dollars I paid for it as a kid. By the way it has 72 pages full of hand drawn illistrations with coins that the company buys and sells along with coins they do not buy like the 1857-58 fying eagle cents.
  • Options
    droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭

<< <i>... along with coins they do not buy like the 1857-58 fying eagle cents. >>

just too many of them still floating around in circulation at the time i guess.
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

......you gotta get that book slabbed!!!image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    Yes, but back then I'm pretty sure that 25 cents was alot of money. If you had 25 cents, you would be a millionaire and you could buy a mansion and a yacht. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file